I love the Polka Dots and Paisley stamp set and the matching paper is gorgeous! I knew I wanted to use both this morning, and this is what I came up with. Here's the step by step:
- Stamp the paisley image on scraps of patterned paper and card stock. This is a great way to use up all those little pieces of card you may have lying around. If you're anything like me, you keep every tiny scrap - you never know when it might be useful!
- Cut out the three different parts of the image from all your different colours. Layer them together in different ways then glue together with the 2 Way Glue Pen. This is called Paper Piecing and it can give you lots of great looks with your stamps.
- Stamp the sentiment in Old Olive on your square of Whisper White card stock. This was in my scrap bin too, my white layer measures 4" square.
- Punch a hole using the 3/16" handheld punch in the middle of the "o" in joy. Attach a silver brad through the hole.
- Pierce a border around the layer using the Mat Pack. I used the second line of holes for this border.
- Tie a piece of Old Olive Wide Grosgrain around the layer, then attach to an Old Olive card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. Using Dimensionals helps to accommodate the back of the brad and the ribbon.
- Attach your paper pieced paisleys (try saying that three times fast!) in any pattern that looks good to you. Use Dimensionals to give one or two some height.
- Trim your ribbon ends and you're done!
I hope everyone had a safe and fun long weekend. I'm off to tackle all the unpacking and the mess we made before we left on Thursday!
Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set.
Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Petals and Paisley Designer Paper scraps.
Old Olive and Basic Black ink.
Old Olive Wide Grosgrain ribbon.
3/16" Handheld punch.
2 Way Glue Pen.
Mat Pack and Piercing Tool from the Crafter's Tool Kit.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!