I've noticed I'm using a lot of blues in my cards lately! I think it's because I'm so inspired by our new In Colours for the year. This one uses something very different though.....Not Quite Navy! This is a colour I had never used and I wanted to challenge myself to make something nice with it. I used the Colour Wheel tool to help me decide what to pair it with - Bashful Blue. I then noticed some gorgeous So Saffron paper on my desk from this months promotion - and I was ready to go!
I also used a stamp set I've never inked. I have had a play with this one before, courtesy of my upline Louise (Every demo worldwide got this set as a gift from Stampin' Up! last year - just a little bit before I joined! Isn't that a great perk to being a demo though, what's better than free stamps?!) It's called Time Well Spent and is one of our wonderful hostess sets this year. I just had to earn it, it's a wonderful set, and has soooo many images. Here's the step by step:
- Stamp the butterfly image from Time Well Spent randomly over a Not Quite Navy card base using Versamark ink. This will give a lovely watermark appearance.
- Stamp the large flower on Whisper White using Basic Gray. I meant it when I said Basic Gray is the new black - it's so nice to colour with.
- Colour with blender pens and Watercolour Wonder Crayons. I used Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue and So Saffron. Cut out.
- Colour a flower from the Pretties kit also using your watercolour wonder crayons and a blender pen or water brush. This is my favourite way to colour these flowers, you can shade them exactly as you want them and it dries almost instantly.
- Adhere the flower to your stamped and cut out image, then punch a large hole using the Crop-a-dile and set a Pewter Jumbo Eyelet in the center. Add a clear Rhinestone Brad, also from the pretties kit, by threading it through the eyelet.
- Cut a Bashful Blue scalloped edge using the Slit Punch. Adhere behind a piece of the So Saffron prints paper which has a piece of Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain ribbon tied around it. Adhere another strip of Bashful Blue behind the other side of the So Saffron - this is a cheats way to get a layered look. Perfect to use up little scraps of card.
- Attach the So Saffron layer to the card base. Adhere the flower using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp "Hugs & Kisses" from the So Many Sayings stamp set (level one - hostess) by inking with a Not Quite Navy marker on Bashful Blue card.
- Punch out using the Word Window punch and cut off one edge. Sponge lightly using Bashful Blue ink around the edges.
- Add a Pewter brad from the Vintage collection to the round end of the punch, and attach to your card using Dimensionals. That's the front done!
- For the inside, adhere a piece of Whisper White card stock. Stamp the butterfly in Basic Gray.
- Adhere a strip of the So Saffron paper, partially covering the butterfly.
- Stamp the butterfly again onto scrap card and colour with Watercolour Wonder crayons and a blender pen.
- Cut out the body of the butterfly, omitting the antenna. Adhere this over the first stamped image using Dimensionals for a 3d effect and making sure to line up the antenna where they should be.
If you would like to find out how you can earn the Time Well Spent or So Many Sayings sets for FREE please send me an email. Stampin' Up! is also looking for demonstrators New Zealand wide - please email me if you would like to make your hobby a fun and rewarding business opportunity, I'd love to have you join my fun and enthusiastic team!
Time Well Spent and So Many Sayings stamp sets.
Not Quite Navy, Whisper White and Bashful Blue card. So Saffron Prints paper.
Basic Gray and Versamark ink.
Watercolour Wonder Crayons.
Slit and Word Window punches.
Pewter Jumbo Eyelets.
1/16" Handheld Punch.
Bashful Blue Striped Grosgrain ribbon.
Stampin' Write marker - Not Quite Navy.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!