February 21, 2008

Petal Prints Thank You

There's nothing I like more than seeing the bright red van of the courier pull into my driveway! I received an order yesterday, containing, among lots of other goodies, my colour coach and the Petal Prints stamp set. This is a gorgeous set, so I just had to try it out this afternoon.

I used the colour coach to choose my colour scheme, what a wonderful tool! I know with this I'll get the most out of Stampin' Up!'s exclusive colours.

Petal Prints is a two-step stamping set, so I inked the base image using markers from the Soft Subtles pack, then stamped it once onto scrap paper (to get a lighter base colour) then onto my Barely Banana cardstock. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig Stamp Positioner to make sure I stamped the top image in the right place, and this time, I didn't stamp off before stamping as I wanted a full force image. Here you can see one image completed, and the other before the outline image is stamped.

I matted my image on Perfect Plum cardstock, stamped the Floral background in Perfect Plum and matted that on Ruby Red, finished up with some paper piercing, organdy ribbon, and an embellishment from the Hodgepodge Hardware.

The sentiment is from the Sincere Salutations set, I find myself reaching for that set so often, it covers such a wide variety of occasions.

So here's the finished card! I really like these colours together, they are vibrant without being too overwhelming. I can tell I'm going to be using the colour coach everytime I stamp!

Stampin' Supplies:
Petal Prints, Floral and Sincere Salutations stamp sets.
Perfect Plum, Barely Banana, Ruby Red & Very Vanilla cardstock.
Perfect Plum & Ruby Red Ink.
Soft Subtles Stampin' Write Markers.
Crafters Tool Kit.
Ivory Organdy Ribbon.
Hodgepodge Hardware - Antique Brass.
Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner.
Colour Coach.

All supplies from Stampin' Up!




1 comment:

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!