January 28, 2010

Song of Spring

As I've mentioned before - one of my crafting goals this year is to work on colouring. So yesterday I pulled out an image I love - but one that had remained uninked because I had NO idea how to colour it! A quick google search gave me some colour ideas, and I jumped in. That's the beauty of stamping - if something goes wrong, you can scrap it and start again!

Don't you just love that hummingbird? I wish we had Hummingbirds in New Zealand. I think I'd fill my garden with whatever it is they like to visit!

This stamp is from the gorgeous Spring Song set (only $30.95!) as is the sentiment on the card. I used the watercolouring with inkpads technique on watercolour paper, and quite a long list of colours. I'll try and remember them all. Certainly Celery, Green Galore, Apricot Appeal, Marigold Morning, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink and Pink Passion. I think that's all!


Here's the finished card. I had the coloured image sitting on my desk when I saw the SCS colour challenge using Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink and Pink Passion - perfect! I've used paper from the Spring Fling pack, a textile embossing folder and ribbon from a discount store.

To cut my hummingbird like that I've used a coluzzle template and stopped short of cutting the wings. You could also trace around something and cut it by hand. The brads are actually Very Vanilla, but pick up on the pink tones well and become a pretty good match for Blush Blossom.

These jumbo brads, as well as the larger size, the Scallop Oval punch and White Stazon ink and cleaner are still available from the last Spring Mini Catalogue - you can place an order for these at any time by emailing me.

If you have a stamp in your collection you've been afraid to use I hope you'll pull it out and give it some inky love - practice makes perfect!

Have a wonderful day,


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

5 comments:

  1. wow!! well worth inking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so beautiful Sarah. Have got to get some watercolour paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous and pretty in pink. Um dang your coluring is pretty good in my book. Remind me to never share my coluring book with you, you would put me to shame lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card too!!! I always enjoyed this SU Set and you've made it look absolutely gorgeous with the CC!!! ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made such a beautiful job of the colouring. It's hard to believe you have used that many colours as they all just blend so well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!