August 21, 2010

They're starting to stack up....









Christmas cards that is! I used this week's OCC challenge - a sketch - to add to my stack of Christmas cards. This is the first year I've actually managed to get some made before December - I'm sure I'll be short, but it's a good start.
This one uses a new stamp set from SU! called Contempo Christmas. I loved the sentiments with this one, and the funky style.


I inked the Christmas tree with Kiwi Kiss, then used an Always Artichoke marker to add some subtle colour variation to the pattern. The sentiment is heat embossed with white embossing powder.
The simple sentiments in this set just make me happy - as does the clear mount option - no stamp-a-ma-jig used on this card!

Head on over to the OCC blog and feast your eyes on the wonderful design team creations!




Stamps: Contemp Christmas
Paper & Card:
Ski Slope DP, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink:
Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Always Artichoke
Punches:
Scallop Border
Other: Small Grommets, Old Olive Button, Embossing powder


Other: White Satin Ribbon, Jumbo Brads

9 comments:

  1. I love this - what a great set to use with those papers! I have been on the fence on this set but I feel a change coming on, LOL. Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Great that you are so far ahead of the game with your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah this is lovely - Crimbo cards already! Rose is at it too - maybe I should get on the band wagon and start makin a few. I just love your sentiment on this one. Hugs Suezie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah, you are really on a roll with your blogging. I love to pop in and keep a peek on all your lovely creativity. Wow!! I'm so impressed with your Christmas production (so soon, already!!) This is a marvel. Have a blast with all the new stuff coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great set! Very funky! Love the variation to the colour ... just adds that extra wow! I don't always see the potential in new sets ... and you are definitely changing my mind on this one! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card, Sarah. It has such a nice clean, crisp feel to it. Great DPs and the way you finished off the inside is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, Sarah! These are great colors together that are festive and fresh looking. Great job on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!