September 2, 2010

Merry Kissmas











We may have just welcomed Spring here in New Zealand, but I'm still loving making Christmas cards! This one might just be my fav of the bunch - I got a nice parcel from MFT recently and this little cutie was begging to be inked up.

Once again Jennifer has a great sketch for us, I always love the look of a circle inside a square, and those long panels are great for showing off some designer paper.


My colour combo for this card was Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red, Pretty in Pink and Kiwi Kiss. I used a bunch of techniques on the focal image, here's a close-up....
The colouring was done with Watercolour Wonder Crayons. Clothes were paper pieced. I used Liquid Applique for the fluffy trims, Two-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter added some sparkle to the snow. The edges were sponged with Soft Sky and the mistletoe got a coating of Crystal Effects.
Inside the card I've used more designer paper, this is from the Eskimo Kisses pack by Basic Grey. I love that dash of pink for a Christmas card! The sentiment is from the new Occasional Quotes hostess set.

Head on over to see the samples from the oh-so talented OCC Sketch team!




Stamps: Occasional Quotes
Paper & Card: Soft Sky, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
Ink:
Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Soft Sky
Punches:
Circle Punches
Other:
Crystal Effects, White Gel Pen, Two-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Watercolour Wonder Crayons

Stamps: Merry KISSmas - MFT Stamps
Paper & Card:
Eskimo Kisses - Basic Grey
Other: Liquid Applique, Jumbo Brads, Nestabilities

10 comments:

  1. this is too cute and i LOVE all the detail in your image :) sounds so funny that your in Spring and I am heading into Fall lol
    enjoy the "break" we are taking on the OCCSC and i look forward to seeing your cards when we start back up next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love your coloring and the gorgeous papers!
    Can't wait until OCC sketch challenge returns...have fun on your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore you work, I bet you are as beautiful as your work is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, your creations are show you have a beautiful nature and heart. Love looking at your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card GF!!!! Love this sweet image and the sentiment is so sweet too :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah. I love reading your blog and seeing all the gorgeous things you post. I'm passing on a Cherry On Top blog award to you, with my thanks for all your inspiration. Check my blog to see how to accept it and pass it on.
    http://elowezil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sweet colour combination ... the DSP is very cute! TFS Sarah! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous Christmas card from you Sarah!

    Congratulations, your card is being featured on the MFT Blog today as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did with the sketch, awesome! And the snowman all sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just toooo cute!! It makes me smile :) AWESOME card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!