August 16, 2013

Viva la Verve - Love


Hello lovelies! Well it's been an interesting afternoon here - we had a 6.6 earthquake closely followed by a 5.8 a minute later...then about a gazillion aftershocks. The last big one was another 5.8 an hour ago. So we're rocking and rolling again, not fun but we're together and safe.

I'm SO grateful to the good samaritan who drove Shanan home, saving him hours trekking back from the city after his building was evacuated and buses/trains were stopped. It's nice to see everyone helping each other at times like these!

It's my turn to host the Viva la Verve sketch this week!



You can find all the details about this challenge and how you can win $100 to spend on Verve goodies in the Viva la Verve forum.

Here's my sketch:


and here's my sample...


The Pink Elephant challenge this week is to use orange. That reminded me of one of my favourite paper collections, The Sweetest Thing Tangerine by MME, so I started with that for my card. I'm also playing along with the fan club challenges at SCS.

I paired the warm paper with the new-to-me Stronger Love stamp set and the Jotted Heart die. I embossed the heart then rubbed over some distress paint.

I'm really addicted to the Flourished Trim die right now - I love how it looks bordering two different patterns.


Those sentiments are just so sweet! I'd love to see you playing along this week, thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Stronger Love (Verve StampsPaper: Sweetest Thing Tangerine (MME) Ink: Tangy Orange, Bubblegum, Kraft (MFT) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Flourished Trim, Jotted Heart (Verve Stamps) Other: Seam Binding, Hemp Twine, Copics, Stickles, Sequins, Paper Roses, Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Distress Paint Picket Fence

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, I'm in Blenheim and it certainly has been a horrible end to the week and start of weekend! I was gardening when it happened and rushed down to the school to grab children and my Mum (who is close by). We camped out in the lounge room all night and are so glad they have calmed down. Hope you are all ok!! And the cards are gorgeous, just loving pink and red together. Might go and make some cards now with my children to take our minds off things.....take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!