February 26, 2011

Distress to De-Stress!

Hi everyone - I hope you're having a good weekend. I have to say, I made my OCC card at the very last minute this week, but the challenge couldn't have been more perfect. 
 
This week my challenge is for you to distress to de-stress using the provided sketch (below). So rip and sponge edges, crumple flowers or use your favourite distressing technique to work away a little stress while stamping!

I made this card for my Mother-in-law's birthday. I also used CTD #130 for my colour combo and the CCEE challenge to use a distressing tool.


 I stamped my image on watercolour paper and coloured it using markers. My edges are sponged with Crumb Cake ink and distressed using the cutter kit tool.


The inside is nice and simple with lots of room for a personal message.

Head on over to Our Creative Corner and see the design team samples - I hope you'll play along this week!


 Colour Combo: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink & So Saffron Stamps: Because I Care, Warmest Regards, Wonderful Words (SU) Paper: Candy Lane & So Saffron DSP (SU) Dies: Butterfly Embosslits (SU) Punches: Corner Rounder (SU) Other: Pearls, Mat Pack, Cutter Kit, Button, Choc Chip Ribbon, PIP Ribbon, Markers, Piercing Tool (SU)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love your coloring of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is a lovely card. It's full of color and cheery! The bows are gorgeous and I love your touch of pearls and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty - I love the inside panel! Beautiful flower and that bow is just gorgeous. I had fun with your challenges, Sarah - thanks for a great two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Sarah!!1 Your coloring on that flower is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great looking last minute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Sarah! You really worked your sketch, and I love the piercing around the flower. Thanks for hosting another fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just gorgeous, Sarah! Your colors and layers are wonderful and I really love the colors you used on the flower. Terrific challenge again this week. I really enjoyed it!

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I had a ton of fun with this great challenge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! The hydrenga is perfect and the bow is wonderful. I hope things are getting better at home, we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just popping over to see how it's "nookin"!! LOL! Gorgeous card Sarah! I need to check out that challenge and I like the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL card Sarah! LOVE all the dimension in this card! Your Nana will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *THUD* (excuse me a sec while I pick up my jaw!)

    OMG, Sarah this is GORRRRRGEOUS! Beautiful card, girl! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    And congrats again on getting MFT Guest Designer! You're gonna' LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!