February 22, 2011

Memorable Moments


Edited to add: This was a pre-published post. Not long after it went up Christchurch was hit with a major earthquake again. There is loss of life and great loss of property this time around. My family are fine - please keep ChCh in your thoughts, not everyone was so lucky.

Hi everyone - hope your day is going well. As this publishes I'll be enjoying a crafty day with my two fave gals, so it's safe to say mine's going well!

It might be a little immodest, but I have to say this is one of my favourite cards ever I think - I had to wait till today to show you because I made it for my friend Janine and her husband who are moving into a new house soon. Isn't that a perfect sentiment to wish someone well in a new home?

It's also one of those cards that turns out to just be impossible to capture with a photo - I wish you could see it in real life! (you can click for a larger version)



The sketch is this weeks MFTSC - once I decided to make the big flower it all came together pretty easy. I wanted to try for a vintage feel while using extremely modern papers - I like it!

The C4C challenge this week is to use dies - I barely make a card without them anymore! I used my new butterfly die for the first time on this card.

The flower is simply some crumpled scallop circles with a brad in the center. The flower and a couple of the layers were sprayed with gold smooch spritz.



Inside I've used scraps of papers and more die cuts - this definitely helps me cut down on the number of scraps I keep!


Colour Combo: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait. Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla Stamps: Clearly Sentimental about Parenting (MFT) Paper: Hippie Chic (DCWV) Dies: Faux Crochet Border & Butterfly Dienamics (MFT) Punches: Scallop Circles (SU) Other: Jumbo Brad, Cutter Kit, Linen Thread, Mat Pack, Gold Smooch, Vintage Trinket (SU) Pearls (Kaisercraft) Lace

2 comments:

  1. You were the first person I thought of when I heard about the earthquake. Glad to hear you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the lucky recipent of this card, all I can say is Thank You. It is stunning and your work is so beautiful. Just glad your family are safe.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!