April 16, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge

I've got a special post for you today - the lovely Lori, my OCC team mate has a wonderful inspiration challenge on her blog, and this week I'm playing along with the Divas! This is one talented bunch!

The inspiration piece is the following photo....

of bottles from Sun Sweet Naturals. Aren't they just gorgeous? Packaging like that would totally rope me in! As soon as I saw the photo my eye was drawn to that beautiful red, it's such a gorgeous jewel tone, and of course the botanical theme was perfect too, so here's my card...

What do you think, did I capture that red ok? As many times as I've used Bloomin' with Beauty I don't think I've ever coloured that flower red - I totally love the results. I watercoloured with ink pads - and to get that colour intensity I started with a Melon Mambo base and added in lots of Riding Hood Red and Real Red.

I had to test drive my new Manhattan Flower embossing folder, I love how this looks on white. I can't wait to see more of the SU! embossing folders in NZ, they're great.

For the inside of the card I stamped the Floral background (retired) in Riding Hood Red and cut a writing panel with the Circle Scissor Plus. Circles inside of squares just make me happy!

I hope you'll visit the rest of the design team and see the wonderful creations inspired by the photo! Make sure to link your creation on Lori's blog, and when uploading to other galleries please use the keyword: DDIC26. Have fun!



Stamps: Bloomin' with Beauty, Short & Sweet, Floral Background
Paper & Card: Riding Hood Red, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Real Red, Melon Mambo
Punches: Large Oval & Large Corner Rounder Punches
Big Shot: Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Lots of Tags Die
Other: Real Red brads, Circle Scissor Plus, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Stampin' Write Markers
E-mail me to purchase.

11 comments:

  1. Sarah, this is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing how you did the red watercoloring - I agree, it's always been frustrating, but you got the perfect red! The punch layers are wonderful and so is the inside - I love everything about this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sarah! I love the big red poppy and your layout is wonderful. The inside looks just as beautiful as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the layout and your beautiful red bloom! The embossed rose looks fabulous! I'm so glad you played along with us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Sarah! Red & White are just so striking together! Love your mojo! Hugs Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Sarah...this is super gorgeous!! luv it ♥ thanks for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah!!! This card is stunning inside and out!! That stamp set is my favorite and you did such a beautiful job with the inspiration!! I love the design and the dry embossing!! The poppy is gorgeous!! It was fun having you as a guest dt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, that card is amazing! The colors are so true, & YES you did hit the color! lol You so inspired me, and the layout is fantastic. love the embossed background!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you did capture the red perfectly. I like the embossed background. funnily enough when I saw that in the catalouge I thought yeah its okay, but to see it in the flesh so to speak I am like wow!! The photos in the catty of this die do it no justice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Janine ... you've made me think about that embossing folder in a new way ... it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply gorgeous and so elegant Sarah!!! Love the embossed BG too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card as always Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!