April 3, 2010

OCC: It's all about Buttons Baby!

Hi everyone! I hope your Easter break is going well so far. I have some exciting news to share with you today - I'm now a member of the fabulous Our Creative Corner challenge design team!!! OCC have an amazing team and fantastic challenges every week. I've been bursting to share the news - and I'm so glad I can finally share my first OCC project (as part of the team) with you!

Today the challenge is to use buttons on your creation. I chose my buttons first and designed my project around them...

This was one of those cards that was just a delight to make, it almost put itself together! I originally intended to use the Top Note as a layer on a card, but it evolved into this shaped card goodness that I love.

I cut windows in the Top Note using nesties, and layered behind smaller windows and a scalloped strip to frame my image. The houndstooth layer is embossed and inked with a brayer. The flowers and butterfly are hand cut.

The front panel of the card is adhered to a folded Top Note card base, this way you get the full shape to work with and the card can be opened right up....

....without bending anything you don't want to bend. The colour combo for this card was Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Kiwi Kiss.

Head on over to OCC to see the amazing design team creations, welcome Diane and Julie to the team as well and to link up your project featuring buttons!


Stamps: Polka Dot Background
Paper & Card:
Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red & Kiwi Kiss.
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red & Kiwi Kiss
Punches: Scalloped Edge, Large Oval & Scalloped Oval Punches
Big Shot: Top Note Die
Other: Playground Buttons, Dimensionals,
E-mail me to purchase.

Stamps: Petals & Stems - Verve
Other: Polka Dot Ribbon - Rosie's Studio, Oval & Rectangle Nestabilities

19 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm ... I do like ... a lot! The colours yes, but the shape and the window thing going on ... stunning! If it wasn't 11pm I'd scrap lift this (or should that be card lift) ... heck I might just do it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is just fabulous. Way to go on your first OCC challenge! I love the Top Note as a card shape. What an awesome idea. Your flowers and window are gorgeous and the colors are so fun and cheery. So glad to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your card is vibrant and absolutely fabulous!!!

    Welcome to the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the DT Sarah and this is one stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, welcome to the OCC design team! It's great to have you with us. Secondly, way to knock it out of the park the first week!!! You're card is awesome. I am loving that color combo. Great job breaking out the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Sarah this is BEAUTIFUL! What a fantastic card for your first week on the OCC design team! Congrats, I'm soo excited to be designing next to you each week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS Sarah for being on the OCC Team!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!! Looking forward to your fabo cards!!! This one is gorgeous!!! Love the colors!!!

    Happy Easter to you and your family!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo! Congrats Sarah! You are so deserving of this new role! Love the funky colours and everything is so beautifully balanced! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you put the card into shape with the Spellis. Your card is so joyfull busy - love it! calls spring - just great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is totally amazing - everything about it is special. There is so much going on, but everything came together beautifully. Love the sponged houndstooth panel and the window with the scallops behind it is brilliant! Welcome to the team - so excited to be designing along side you each week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always seem to struggle with the bold brights... You did an awesome card... I love it and the use of buttons is simply perfect:-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty!! Love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the OCC Team Sarah, your card here is just fabulous! Love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OoooH!!!! I am LOVIN`this color combo...absolutely STUNNING creation!!! So glad you`re a part of the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors you used are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Sarah! This is flowery fabulousness! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on becoming a OCCC designer! This is a spectacular card. Awesome detailing and the colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW. This card is full of detail and just amazing. I don't know where to look first! SO eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the bright colours! Stunning and the inside of your card is just as beautiful as the outside.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!