April 20, 2010

Vintage Friend

Good morning everyone, I hope your week is starting out well! This is a card I made last week, using the new (to NZ!) Cottage Wall paper and Vintage Vogue stamp set.

It's SO nice to have a gorgeous SU! paper featuring purples and I just love the way this set stamps - it's one of those sets that just seems to have a texture to it.

A few details: I stamped and sponged my focal layer. I created the orchid ribbon border by winding ribbon through an apron punched layer. The flower was inked with Orchid Opulence then "rock 'n rolled" on Rich Razzleberry.

I had just as much fun on the inside of this card! I LOVE that border stamp, it's gorgeous. I used the rock 'n roll technique on this flower too before layering it with the smaller flower in the set. Layering is the challenge this week at Stamp Something - this card definitely qualifies!


Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Paper & Card: Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White card
Cottage Wall DP
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence
Punches: 1/2" Circle
Other: Grommets, Rich Razzleberry & Orchid Opulence ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Old Olive Button & Brad
E-mail me to purchase.

Punches: Apron Lace Punch
Other: Oval & Rectangle Nestabilities, Jumbo Brads

2 comments:

  1. yipppe for new stamps. Love the colour combo, I used to make a lot of mini albums in those colours ( Green for Mike and purple for me). Nice job, I like how you threaded the ribbon through the apron punch.

    Cute baby cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many FAB little details. I love the purples, too! Took a minute for me to work out the ribbon ... but it is very effective! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!