March 29, 2013

Embellished Eggs again!


Welcome and Happy Easter! I'm enjoying my first day with hubby home - we've decided on a stay-cation this Easter, lots of good food, fun and games in our own little home with our wonderful (teething!) baby boy :-)

Today I have a card I made for the 3rd round of the CAS design team call. I'm excited to be guest designing this term, it's great to give a little something back to Splitcoast for all the inspiration I've received over the years.

Here's the inspiration photo for my project:

and here's my card...

The colours in the photo reminded me of Cajun Craze and Sage Shadow from Stampin' Up!, so I used those colours for my stamping. The patterned egg was created with lots of little stamps. The embossed egg was brayered to make the dots (similar to an egg in the photo) stand out.

I used a rounded top layer to stand in for the colander. I faux stitched with a white gel pen to represent the sewn fabric eggs in the photo. The metal edge of the colander is represented by the flower brad on the center egg.






I stamped a pattern similar to the ones in the photo on the base layer of the card to be fully revealed when the card is opened.

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!