March 18, 2013

Shimmery Birthday


Hi there! I hope you had/are having a great weekend. We've had a little rain where I live this weekend which is much needed as we are in full on drought status! I'm popping in today to share a clean and simple card using heat embossing and homemade shimmer sprays..


I created this card for the spring CAS DT search at SCS. The challenge was to be inspired by make-up so I made a shimmery card based on the fun eyeshadow colours that were everywhere this summer!

I've used the Birthday Sentiments stamp set from MFT - you can find it here for FREE with a qualifying purchase!

To create my card I heat embossed multiple sentiments onto a card base. I created my own shimmer sprays using all purpose ink in champagne, reinkers (tangerine tango, cool carribean and river rock) and ink potion number nine. I LOVE making my own sprays with this combo and plan to make some in my fave MFT colours just as soon as I get my next order (I can't wait to make Blu Raspberry!)

I kept the inside of my card super simple with another sprayed panel. I like to make up just enough spray to finish each project so I can reuse my mini misters after a quick rinse out. I'd need WAY to many to have one for each colour!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today: 


 
 
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments (MFT Stamps) Paper: Whip Cream, Sweet Tooth, Orange Fizz (MFT Cardstock) Ink:Versamark, refills Other: Ink Potion #9, Mini Mister, All purpose ink in Champagne, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rhinestones

1 comment:

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!