July 16, 2008

Artful Spotlight

Hi all, I've been very slack (on the stamping side of things at least) today and didn't actually finish any projects! My microwave is sparkling clean (long overdue!) and I made a really yummy dinner though, so hubby was happy! No sneak peak today as a result, but I thought I'd share this card with you. I made 20 of these as swaps for a get together of Stampin' Up! demos - and in the end I was too sick to even go! I did get to swap though, and received some wonderful cards.

I used Artfully Asian as the set for this card. The background is stamped using Old Olive ink on Old Olive card, stamping onto scrap paper once for a more tone on tone effect. The scallops are made using the Slit Punch. I used the spotlighting technique to highlight my favourite image from this set.
Spotlighting is really easy and a great way to draw attention to a certain part of your project. All you do is stamp the image twice, colour one in and punch out a circle over the part of the image you want to spotlight. Adhere it to a larger circle, then to your uncoloured image and you've finished your spotlight! Instead of leaving the base image for this one plain, I coloured it white using a Watercolour Wonder crayon and an Aqua painter. It gave it just a little more pop.

The Soft Sky, Old Olive and Basic Gray layers are sponged in the same colours. That's a piece of gorgeous Rose Red Prints paper for the red layer, and I pierced a border around the main image. The wee tab at the top is made using the Word Window punch and is finished off with a Silver brad. I just love the sentiment that comes with this set, it's a lovely thought.

Hope you like this card, I promise to try and get something new created for you tomorrow!


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Artfully Asian
Ink: Basic Gray, Old Olive, Soft Sky
Card stock: Old Olive, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Rose Red
Paper: Designer Series Prints in Rose Red
Punches: Word Window, 1 3/8” Circle,1 1/4” Circle, Slit, 1/4” Circle, 1/16” Handheld
Accessories: Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua painter, Crafter’s Tool Kit, Silver Brads, Sponge Daubers, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.

All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!