July 25, 2008

Tart & Tangy Preview

I needed some quick and cute cards to send to friends this weekend, and as I still had all my scraps from creating my UStamp project on my desk....I thought I'd bring you some cards made with some of my favourite products from the new mini catalogue!

I've used a few different products on each of these cards, so rather than doing a step by step, I'll tell you how to recreate a few key points.

These cards all measure 3"x 3"

The sentiments are punched out with the Word Window punch - I love this punch, it's so versatile! Aren't the sentiments just the cutest? They are from a new set called One Smart Cookie.

On the apple and the cherries I have used Crystal Effects, then sprinkled on a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It does make the ink run a little, losing a tiny bit of detail, but I think the effect is worth it!

On the orange card, I've used a different technique, useful if you don't want the image to smear at all. Just mix together a little crystal effects and dazzling diamonds, and you've made your own glitter glue! I usually just mix it on a scrap of card stock and apply it with a toothpick.

The scalloped edge pieces are all made using the slit punch - for $13.50 you just can't beat the value of this punch!

All the papers are from the awesome Summer Picnic pack - don't you love the way they coordinate with the Tart & Tangy images?!?

I've used lots of dimensionals on these little cards, the added height really creates interest and draws the eye. Which one is your favourite? I think I like the apple one best!
The Tart & Tangy set, Slit Punch, Bashful Blue Card stock, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive inks, and Summer Picnic Designer paper are all part of the UStamp class kit, available for purchase from August 1st.

If you haven't signed up for UStamp yet and would like too, make sure to do it before the end of the month to take advantage of the price saving!

Please email me for more information on becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, purchasing anything you see on my site, or if you would like more information on attending my events or having a Stampin' Up! workshop in your very own home and getting free products at the same time!

Have a wonderful weekend!


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Tart & Tangy, One Smart Cookie
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Paper: Summer Picnic Designer Paper
Punches: Word Window, Slit, 1 1/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, Scalloped Circle
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Bashful Blue ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute, I like the cherry one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some of my favorite cards I have seen made with this set! Will have to case these! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!! I love your cards Sarah - I'll def be casing these as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!