July 10, 2008

Post-it Note Cover

I went shopping recently and bought a ton of organisational stuff for my stampin space/office. Among my purchases was this 3" square Post-it sticky notepad that I'm keeping by my laptop for little notes and lists. I just had to make a cover for it and pretty it up a little!

This is really very simple as the instructions show. A couple of cuts, a couple of scores and you're done with the construction - not rocket science at all! Because it's always handy to have the measurements when you want them though, I've made the above template. To save it to your computer click with your right mouse button and choose "save picture as". You'll notice the measurements are in inches, that's because the pad itself was 3" square and I was being lazy!


The really fun part of these covers is in the decoration. Here's how to recreate mine:
  • Cut a piece of Designer Paper from the Spring Silhouettes pack to fit the front of your cover. Adhere with SNAIL adhesive.
  • Stamp "Delightful" from the It's All Good set in Purely Pomegranate on Whisper White card stock. Punch out using the 1 1/4" Circle punch.
  • Cut a 1 3/8" circle using the relevant punch from Soft Sky card stock. Layer behind the Delightful image using SNAIL adhesive.
  • Punch a Scalloped Circle from Purely Pomegranate card stock and attach the Delightful image using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Dot around the Scalloped Circle using a Signo White Gel Pen.
  • Stamp the berries image from Oh, So Lovely (level one hostess set - you could substitute the cherry blossom image from Artfully Asian or email me to ask how you can get a Oh, So Lovely set for free!) using Stazon ink on Whisper White cardstock.
  • Colour the leaves and berries using the Watercolouring with inkpads technique. I used Purely Pomegranate and Old Olive inkpads with a blender pen.
  • Cut out the coloured portions of the image. This seems really fiddly, but I find the Stampin' Up! paper snips make light work of this task.
  • Stamp the berries image again on your cover using Stazon ink. Colour just the stems using the fine point of an Old Olive marker.
  • Attach the cut out coloured images using small pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Tie a length of Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched ribbon around the cover. Attach your Scalloped Circle piece using Stampin' Dimensionals and you're done!

It's the 3D elements that make this cover special. Why not make one of these as a gift for someone? It's the little things that brighten our days! Best of all, this size notepad fits perfectly in one of these boxes from a couple of days ago, how cute would it be to package this in a matching box?

I hope you enjoyed this super simple tutorial and that you'll have a go at making one soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sarah...I love this post it note cover! It's beautiful. I've been following your site for a while now but this is the first post I've left you. Thanks for always inspiring me.
    I wanted to let you know that I have tagged you. If you go to my site at
    http://www.n2stampin.blogspot.com
    you can get the tag banner and the details on what to do when you are tagged! Thanks for playing along! Have fun and Happy Stampin'
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all of your grat artwork and projects with us.

    You've been tagged. please see the rules at my blog: www.staceystamps.com
    Please share 7 random facts about yourself and tag 7 others bloggers.

    Thanks for sharing your work with us!
    Stacey Carter

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!