May 12, 2010

Catching up on some Housekeeping!

Hi everyone! I have a post made up of lots of bits and bobs today...lots of things to catch-up on!

First - over the weekend I bypassed the 100,000 hit mark - wooohoo! Thank you SO much for all your visits, being able to share my creative pursuits is so much fun, and it's lovely to read your comments, they always make me smile! I'll definitely be putting together some blog candy (hint: you might want to be one of my followers!) soon, but it probably won't be this week by the time I get around to it :-)

I was so excited to be one of Taylor's Top Crops with my 'Hi Cupcake!' card! I LOVE Taylor's work, it's always so bright and cheerful.  

It must be blog award season again - last week I receive a big bunch of them - thanks so much everyone! Rather than spend a few hours fufilling all the very detailed requirements, I'm going to cheat and share three of my daily craft reads. I love Dawn's stamping - she has that cool, clean but embellished style I love. Drew has my favourite recipe blog - lots of step-by-step photos, and unlike a lot of bloggers - makes everything from scratch and is always VERY honest about the results! Planet June is where I taught myself to crochet, she has some very cute free patterns and her tutorials are fantastic!

I didn't get chance to make a Project Tuesday sample this week - but head on over to find the very cool paper fortune cookie project and to see the wonderful design team creations!  


I better leave you with some eye candy right? I made my Mum this crocheted brooch as part of her Mother's Day gift - I love these for brightening a winter coat or top. I so loved the red and cream, that I made her card and a box filled with chocolate kisses to match....

I made the matching flower with the Scalloped Circle punch. A little embossing with the Manhattan Flower folder, some pleated ribbon and a gorgeous sentiment finished off this clean and simple card. For the Pillow Box, I used the Pillow Box die then ran the resulting die cut through the embossing folder. Simple and elegant!

Lastly, congrats to my Mum who received her New Zealand citizenship yesterday! Mum was born in Wales and got to have a lovely reception with the mayor, and a day off work - that's always good!




Stamps: Occasional Greetings, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Paper & Card:
Very Vanilla
Ink:
Real Red
Punches:
Word Window & Scalloped Circle punches
Big Shot:
Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Pillow Box Die
E-mail me to purchase.

Other: Satin Ribbon, Button

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty little gift set! LOVE that yellow crochet flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a lovely gift set for your mum ... and once again you've managed to make the flower embossing folder look amazing ... it's back on my wishlist! lol Congrats to your Mum on her citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again for the lovely gift and thanks to everyone for the congratulations.. will send you a copy of the photo and story that headlined in the local paper Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah - I missed you this week so thought I'd pop onto your blog and see what you'd been up to. I ADORE those crochet flowers. I keep meaning to ask my mum if she can show me how to make some. I think your mum's gift was beautiful. Congrats to mum by the way. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! What a lovely colour combo. Simple but so elegant. And ... the brooch is so sweet! Just a completed package this bunch of projects!!! Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully elegant set! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!