May 14, 2010

It must be that time of year....

In NZ at least! You know, the time of year where you and your hubby and/or kids are constantly swapping illness? I have a VERY sick husband on the couch today - I'll spare you the gory details but no one in this house has had any sleep since 11:45pm last night (even the cats have been up with us lol)

So no stamping goodness today - but fortunately I have tomorrow's post all scheduled to go. I just wanted to stop by to share a really useful link in case any of you are going through what we are at the moment....it's a recipe for the World Health Organization's Rehydration Solution. I found it on this blog this morning, and it's been a big help.

Table Salt (NaCl) 1/2 tsp.
Salt Substitute (KCl) 1/2 tsp.
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp.
Table Sugar 2 tablespoons
Tap Water 1 Liter (= 1 Qt. 2 tablespoons)

You can mix it with lemon juice or sugar-free drink mix for palatability. It's all Shan's living on at the moment (and hopefully he'll keep some of it down soon!) and although I didn't have the salt substitute he says it makes him feel a teeny bit better than just drinking water.  




6 comments:

  1. oh i hope you and your family get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggle ... no need for the gory details ... the remedy tells us all we need to know! Hope Shannan keeps this to himself! Hope you get some sleep tonight! Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're all up & kicking soon - at least my bug is only a head cold & it has the opposite effect of your bug - all I do is sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that Shan is sick, give him our love. Love ya, Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope both you and Shanan are feeling better now, I love and miss you both very much.
    Lots of love nana xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic,such a brilliant male card! x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!