March 2, 2010

Summery Thanks

Alrighty, dinner is in the crock pot, brownies are baking slowly, and the dishes are done - so here's the card I made last night! I needed a thank you card for Shan's parents and using a sketch and colour challenge meant this one came together super quick while I listened to my ipod.

I've been meaning to do Mercy's sketch all week - I love this one! The colour combo of Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White came from Color Dare 57.

I stamped the girl from Summer by the Sea in Stazon and watercoloured her VERY quickly with inkpads. You can't go over and over normal cardstock the way you can with watercolour paper - it pills. So this quick colour wash probably took all of 60 seconds. The circle layers were cut with the Circle Scissor Plus. I used some retired designer paper for my background and the Trio Flower punch flowers. I gently shape these using the thick end of my piercing tool and the foam mat from the mat pack.

For the inside I used a sentiment from the SAB Whimsical Words set and repeated some elements from the front of the card. This is the last month to earn this, or any other Sale-A-Bration set for free!


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

7 comments:

  1. oh nice colour combo, they will love that card. Enjoy dinner and the brownies...am enjoying your creativity. Love the gift card holder that you made. Nice to see Miss March on your calendar lol, its one of my fav months of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! That is one of my favorite stamp sets! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, CONGRATS on being picked for the DT at Project Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - your card is beautiful!!! I always loved this SU Set and regret it that I didn't buy it!!!
    Love how you colored it too!!!

    All your latest creations are perfect...sorry for not keeping up!!! I do appreciate you keeping us in your thoughts and prayers!!! It means the world to me/us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ... what a lovely colour combo! Must check the link. Wish I had kept this stamp set ... but I onsold it when it retired! Love the softness of the image! Hugs, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card with one of my favorite stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous creation Sarah! Love this stamp and regretfully don't have it myself.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!