February 10, 2010

Altered Tin

I have to start this post with a confession. I'm in love. It may be puppy love, time will tell, but for now, Tangerine Tango has stolen my heart! About time right? We haven't seen eye to eye previously - but after a play this weekend, I think, with the right colour combo, I've finally warmed to Tango's charms!

After making this gift, I had one of these tins empty. Wayyyy too good to throw out. It was recycling time! I started as always, with one element, the River Rock designer paper, and things went from there.
Do you like it? I kinda love it. Covering the tin itself was pretty easy, until I came to a weird lip on the lid, hence the overhanging scallops.

I used a sentiment from the Verve set, Beautiful You. Another confession time....I cut this gorgeous stamp into three pieces! I know, radical - but the beauty of a clear stamp is I can do that and use all the elements separately, or join them up on my acrylic block to stamp it as Julee designed.

I used a long rectangle nestability die cut for my layers and the piercing template from the Mat Pack with my Chocolate Chip marker for the dots.

I wanted the tin to look good from the sides too as it will be sitting in my craft room (when I find an empty shelf!) so there's a little butterfly sitting under the gorgeous Chocolate Chip satin bow. Oh how I love this ribbon.

I didn't use any adhesive on the ribbon, just tied it nice and tight.

Here's the wee guy on top. The butterflies are from Verve as well. I added lots of pearls everywhere to finish everything off.

I have been stamping like crazy with all my new goodies, so have lots to show you, I just need to step out of the creative mess maze that is my craft room and make time for blogging!



It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah - this is so beautiful!!! Love how you transform the tin!!! I finally bought this awesome butterfly set too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project Sarah! I have several tins that have just been waiting for some love:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah this is so lovely. It just makes me sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the colours, pearls and extra random butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!