February 17, 2010

February Calendar

I thought today I better share with you my simple hanging calendar for February, before anymore of the month ticks away! In my last SU! order I grabbed the sets to make my own calenders, knowing I'll get a lot of use out of them personally and when making gifts.

I wanted a simple reference I could hang on my stamping desk and I'm really pleased with how well it works for me.

Cute right? It's just the right size for a small wall calender or desk calender. I stamped the grid on Candy Lane paper and layered it on Riding Hood Red. After stamping the month and dates in Riding Hood Red, I decorated it simply with stamps from this month's Beautiful Bundle - I {Heart} Hearts, making sure to denote Valentine's Day of course!

I added hanging ribbon tabs with the Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon from the Summer Mini and silver brads from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit.

To create the hanger, I sponged a bamboo skewer with Riding Hood Red, blunted the sharp end, attached a mini glue dot to each end and added a wide hole silver bead from my jewellery making stash. Because I don't usually plan my projects from start to finish before I begin, I love it when I can find the perfect embellishment solution lurking somewhere in my craft room!

The clip is from the Clips Assortment pack, and I've just stuck it to the door with a pop-up glue dot. I'll probably use this same configuration every month - recycling the hardware each time.

Have a great afternoon,


Supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

2 comments:

  1. cute calender Sarah and some great solutions and use of craft materials there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I love your clever mind!!! The calender with the hearts is FABULOOUS!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!