February 15, 2010

Some Yummy Valentine Treats!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a relaxing weekend. The weather was pretty wild here in Wellington, a lot of wind and rain, so I was able to get a lot of crafting done! I'll have lots to show you over the coming weeks.

Tonight I thought I'd share my other Valentine's crafting project....

Cupcakes! I've been making and decorating cupcakes for years now, I have a shelf in my craft room dedicated to all my supplies. This Valentines though, I decided to pair my love of cupcake decorating with my love of papercrafting for a special surprise treat for Shanan!

Here they are...chocolate cupcakes with a soft chocolate buttercream icing. What's Valentine's Day without a little chocolate? Yup, they taste as good as they look!

I've used the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set from the February Beautiful Bundle! This is the first of many projects I have to show with this bundle - trust me, you are going to want this set! I love it, and I promise, it's not just for Valentine's Day.

For the toppers, I've used the Scallop Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Candy Lane Paper, Riding Hood Red Card and Ink, White Gel Pen, Pretty in Pink ribbon and Dimensionals. The sentiment is from the So Many Sayings stamp set (retired - but I do have a brand new one I should get around to finding a new home for!)

The best thing is I was able to take the decorated part of the topper to use on some cute cards. In fact, I have four - so the first four people to purchase the I {Heart} Hearts bundle will receive a pretty card from me, in addition to all the great things in the bundle!

Have a wonderful evening,


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

8 comments:

  1. These are totally gorgeous, Sarah! Love the paper around the cupcakes, and those toppers are bright and beautiful. Shanan is one lucky guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky alright!!! Gorgeously decorated cup cakes Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cute Sarah.....fab job you did there. However it makes me want some now lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly GF - these look super delicious!!! Fabulous idea and I love how you used this new SU Set with your cupcakes!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um ... Y.U.M! So tempted by the heart bundle too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are spectacular, Sarah! So gorgeous, I might even hesitate a second before eating the whole cupcake in one bite! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ... these look just tooooooo nice to eat! Drool Drool! You must have had a fun Valentine's Day! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!