February 12, 2010

Butterfly Overload!

Yup, I'm on a butterfly kick at the moment. Every second project seems to feature them! But I'm a sucker for punches, and this one is too cute! This is a colour combo that popped into my sleepy head one night, and I had no idea how it would look till I pulled out the cardstock. I really like it! The colours are Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango and Regal Rose.

I've used the SCS sketch for this week. I flipped it - and may have cheated just a teeny bit with that designer paper on my base layer, but I just had to have it!

The Butterflies are from the Butterfly Prints set, and I've used the matching punch. I stamped and glittered the bodies before cutting them out and adhering with Tombow adhesive. The Tangerine Tango layer was stamped with the Polka Dot background, the Bashful Blue layer went through a houndstooth embossing folder to match the butterflies. All the layers were sponged with the corresponding inks.

The sentiment is from the So Many Sayings hostess set (retired). I punched it out with the Word Window punch - still one of my favs! The ribbon was attached to a clip from the Clips Assortment embellishment pack. The designer paper is from the Good Morning Sunshine pack.

I've added another butterfly on the inside of the card, as well as a sentiment from the Whimsical Words SAB set, punched out with the Wide Oval punch.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend - I need to get some Valentine projects finished started, and with the weather we have in Wellington right now, staying in and stamping/creating sounds perfect!

Happy Stampin'


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colour combo, and the embossing that complements the stamped butterflies - too clever!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!