February 4, 2010

Trendy Thanks

I only spent a little time stamping yesterday (I have a crochet project on the go that's keeping me busy!) - but I love the result. I wanted to do a smaller card and matching envelope....here's what I came up with.

Cute right? I love those trees...they just make me happy. I needed a thank you card, and after seeing the sketch for CAS52, I knew it would be perfect. This card measures 4" square.

Trendy Trees is a perfect set for clean and simple cards - it has beautiful clean lines, and a gorgeous modern font. The stamp-a-ma-jig is a must for creating a scene like this, I also drew a pencil line (hidden by the paper) to ensure everything was nice and straight.

Tip: To see the Stamp-a-ma-jig in action, check out the instructions on page 124 of the NZ 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalogue!

I stamped my trees using Close to Cocoa ink and Always Artichoke, Kiwi Kiss and Old Olive inks. The sentiment is in Old Olive. The ribbon is Always Artichoke grosgrain and the paper is from an old Close to Cocoa patterns pack (I forgot I had!)

I've also stamped a tree on the inside of the card. Simple and so cute!

Here's the envelope I made to match. I used a template - but making a square envelope is easy, just start with a square larger than your card and hand draw four rounded triangle flaps, cut and stick. I love making envelopes out of Stampin' Up! designer paper - it's the perfect weight, and being double sided, you have a coordinating pattern on the inside of your envelope without using a separate liner!

I stamped a sentiment from the Sweet Little Sentiments hostess set in Old Olive, layered on Old Olive card and attached to the envie with dimensionsals. I'm hand delivering this card - but you can make an address panel for your envelopes this way if you've used patterned paper - just use a nice strong adhesive like Tombow to ensure it stays on!

I'm pleased to report my entire craft room is all neat and tidy after a whirlwind cleaning session and last night I dreamed of stamping (I can't be the only one that does that?!) so I'm sure to have a creative day! I just need to try and remember some of the ideas I got while I was asleep...

Happy Stampin'


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea with the envelope. My little brain just can't store all these great ideas ... but I so wish it could! I love love love the card. CAS ... but so gorjuss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card. Think I'm going to have to get this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!