May 7, 2008

Guava Appeal

Sorry for having such a long gap in posting, it's been a busy week so far! The trial versions of all the software on my new laptop have expired, so until my new Microsoft Office Pro pack arrives, I've been locked out of all my files and my Xtra email account. A bit of a pain, but hopefully I'll have it all fixed up soon.

Thanks to all the ladies that made last Saturday's workshop such a success, it was great to see you all! This weekend I have a lovely group on Saturday, and two groups at Mornington Kindy on Sunday, so it's going to be a great weekend full of stamping! If you'd like to come on Sunday, please let me know, I'm sure I can arrange it.

The above card is a slightly more time intensive version of a card I showed last Saturday. I love Groovy Guava and Apricot Appeal together, it looks fantastic. Here's the step by step:

  • Stamp the large flower from Fabulous Flowers three times on Whisper White card stock. I inked with Apricot Appeal, then sponged Groovy Guava on the edges of the petals with a Stampin' Sponge directly on the rubber. This gives a nicely diffused effect where the colour graduates.
  • Cut out three different layers of the flower. Edge the petals with the 2 Way Glue Pen and cover with Dazzling Diamonds. I use a powder pal to return all the excess glitter to the tub. No waste and clean-up is a snap!
  • Construct the flower using a Stampin' Dimensional in between each layer.
  • Stamp Polka Dot background in Groovy Guava on a piece of Apricot Appeal. Sponge the edges with Apricot Appeal. Layer onto Groovy Guava.
  • Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White, inking with Apricot Appeal and again sponging with Groovy Guava before stamping. Ink the edges of this layer with Apricot Appeal then Groovy Guava just on the very edge. Layer onto Groovy Guava.
  • Create a scalloped accent piece using the Slit Punch. This punch is such great value at only $13.50! I love the scallops it makes. Just punch continually along a strip of card stock, slightly overlapping each punch slightly. Sponge the edges with Groovy Guava.
  • Add two Jumbo Eyelets (I used Pewter) to the Polka Dot layer. Cut the holes and set with the Crop-A-Dile. I use the clear template from the Mat Pack to make sure my spacing is even, it's a great wee tool.
  • Attach two Rhinestone Brads through the eyelets. I chose the yellow brads from the Fire pack.
  • Tie a length of Apricot Appeal ribbon around your dotted layer before attaching to your card. Assemble the card as shown in the photo and you're done!

I love that hint of sparkle the Dazzling Diamonds glitter gives, it's beautiful. I hope you'll try Apricot Appeal and Groovy Guava together, it's such a nice, warm look.

I'm off to work on my Mother's Day parcel to be posted tomorrow (Hi Mum!)

Happy Stampin'
Sarah

Stampin' Supplies:
Fabulous Flowers and Polka Dot Background stamp sets.
Apricot Appeal and Groovy Guava card stock.
Apricot Appeal and Groovy Guava ink pads.
Stampin' Sponges.
Apricot Appeal Grosgrain ribbon.
Jumbo Eyelets, Pewter.
Crop-A-Dile.
Slit Punch.
Rhinestone Brads, Fire.
2 Way Glue Pen.
Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
Stampin' Dimensionals.
SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

  1. I am so NOT a fan of Guava but this card might change my mind! I just found your blog the other day and I've loved copying...er...admiring your work. :)~ Thanks for sharing with us creatively-challenged fellow stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! Have seen your cards on the challenges on SCS.....and then your feature on the SULO site! So I have come to check out your blog.........I LOVE this card....groovy guava is one of my favs and it is gorgeous with the apricot appeal. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!