July 23, 2008

Little Girl Blue

This is a set that I've admired for a long time, and finally got last week. Isn't this image just the sweetest? It's so easy and so much fun to colour. I love large images like this, they make simple but striking cards. Here's the easy step by step:

Stamp the image in Stazon on Whisper White. Colour using Watercolour Wonder Crayons and blend with a water brush or blender pen. This would look good in so many colours, I used Bashful and Brocade Blue for her dress.

Create score lines using your paper trimmer and a bone folder. Just turn your card stock over and score a line by running the bone folder down the cutting channel of your trimmer. Simple, embossed lines!

Stamp the sentiment using Stazon again, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with placement.

Add three Brocade Blue brads and a Brocade Blue wide grosgrain ribbon before adhering the layer to a Brocade Blue card base - that's it, you're done!

This card honestly took me about 12 minutes from start to finish. Sometimes simplicity is best!

Hope you're having a great week!


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Summer by the Sea
Ink: Stazon
Card stock: Whisper White, Brocade Blue
Accessories: 1/16" Handheld Punch, Brocade Blue brads, Brocade Blue wide grosgrain ribbon, Paper trimmer, Bone folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, Sarah! I love all the white space around the image. It let's you focus on the main image. Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wee girl too - she's a real winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is beautiful! The details are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! It is simple but very effective, love this style. I like the scored borders too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card, thanks for the hint in regard to the score line, I had seen this before but thought there must be some tool to do this. I will have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah your card is crisp and clean looking and yet soft with the water colouring. You have a wonderful water colouring technique; Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!