April 27, 2009

Gifted Inspiration


Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I hadn't meant to go this long without blogging....but of course it completely slipped my mind that Shanan would have the camera with him during a trip to Sydney last week! All my plans of a creative few days with lots of photos went right out the window! Of course, there's always an upside to hubby going away - and this time it was a lovely gift....
I've wanted a Pandora Bracelet for ages now, I was so excited to unwrap this at 1am on a Monday morning when his flight got in! But like any crafter, I was almost as excited about the cute wee box the bracelet came in as the bracelet itself! So here's my quick 10 minute take on the elegant Pandora box.
This is a really simple, modified 2-4-6-8 Box. (Half a sheet of A4 card, score at 2" along the long side, then turn and score at 2", 4", 6" and 8". Cut off the smallest rectangle tab, cut alongside the bottom tabs, then adhere) All I did was cut off the top of three of the sides of the box to create a fold over flap. Then just squish the sides in the get the milk carton shape. Really easy! I used the slot punch to create the ribbon holes.Here's the view from the back of the box. I kept the decoration on this one super simple. The flower image from Three Little Words was stamped randomly on Pink Pirouette with Baja Breeze ink. I stamped an extra flower on Whisper White, cut it out and attached it with dimensionals. The sentiment was cut out with the Word Window punch. Quick, simple and effective (I hope!)


Hope the weather is nice wherever you are - cold and dreary here in Lower Hutt today, perfect stamping weather!



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Three Little Words
Ink: Baja Breeze
Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Punches: Slot, Word Window
Accessories: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are the Sarah Projects I so envy and Love! You are looking different in your blog-photo! I hope all is going well with you and yours, what and AWESOME gift!!!

    Love and well Wishes, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute. We've missed seeing your creations. Love your bracelet, I was lucky enough to receive a Lovelinks one for my birthday and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back we've missed you - love the colours you've used and the stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks awesome ... go you!!!

    Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! I am so glad I had my "feed" so that as soon as your post came through I got an alert!!! I have missed your posts so much. I hope you are enjoying your stamping again ... and are keeping well. Welcome back! I look forward to lots more from you!!! (no pressure - hey!) Stampin' Hugs, Andrea L - EnchantINK

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!