April 12, 2010

Good Thing

Hi everyone, It's time for another SUO creation - last night I felt like colouring and out came one of my favourite hostess sets of all time, Time Well Spent. After looking at all my paper samples I decided on this Fall Flowers DP, I'd forgotten how cool it is!

The colour combo here is Old Olive, Really Rust, Soft Sky & River Rock.

The sketch for this card comes from Karen, I loved this one - lots of room to highlight that cool paper! I coloured the butterflies with ink pads, then dabbed on my glitter glue paint to create raised, sparkly accents. When I was done with the panel it just needed a little something, so I pleated some Old Olive ribbon behind the panel to finish it off.

Hopefully you can see the glittery detail in this shot. I like making my own glitter glue like this when I want a raised, shiny finish.

I finished the inside of the card with the other great sentiment from this set, another butterfly, more glittery goodness and DP. I hope you like it!


Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper & Card: Old Olive, Really Rust & Whisper White card
Fall Flowers DP
Ink: Old Olive, Really Rust, Soft Sky & River Rock
Other: Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Blender Pen, Old Olive Grosgrain
E-mail me to purchase.

7 comments:

  1. oh nice sparkles on that card Sarah....you were the first to tell me about glitter paint a few years ago....such a great tip and maximum effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is the first time I have visited your blog and your work is amazing!!!

    Can't wait to see your future creations!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! My glitter glue ... just doesn't compare to yours!!! I think I over did my sample! I am so envious of this stamp set! I joined SU! ONE WEEK too late to get this one for FREE! It is a winner! Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, 'Time Well Spent' is one of my favorites tooo! Love how you draped the ribbon along the bottom edge of the butterflies! Another awesome creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love what you have done with this sketch and this set! The butterflies are darling and I really like how you popped up the center one - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and beautiful!!! I remember this Set and to be honest with you I could never warm up to it, but you made it look BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the ribbon treatment too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those butterflies just make me sigh. This is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!