January 22, 2011

Fresh Valentine


Happy Weekend everyone! We've got a busy one planned, another trip to the Zoo and a couple of family dinners - can't wait!

I've got my OCC card to share with you today, this week Wendy has challenged us to use an Analogous Colour Scheme (3 colours that are side by side on the colour wheel). There's a graphic and full explantion at Our Creative Corner.

My card also uses Jen's January SFYTT - I lurve Jen's sketches, and now she's hosting her challenge monthly I'm sure I can fit them all in!


This is going to be Shanan's Valentine's Day card for this year. I just love the blues and greens instead of the usual pink and red.

I've taken a cut out portion of the scalloped circle element to get it to meet up with the heart shaped treat cup. The rest is pretty simple, despite all the layers I think this one comes off pretty clean looking.


Inside I've used more of the same papers and the modern label punch for a sentiment.

Head on over to OCC to see the amazing team creations and link up your very own masterpiece!

Colour Combo: Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz Stamps: Sweetheart, A Happy Heart (SU) Paper: Petals & Paisleys, Pear Pizzazz DSP (SU) Punches: Full Heart, Large Corner Rounder, Scalloped Circle, 1/4", 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circles, Word Window, Modern Label (SU) Other: Brads, Dimensionals, Heart Treat Cups (SU)

8 comments:

  1. Love your colour scheme. Such a fresh change from Pinks and Reds for Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I absolutely love this card! It's fabulous! Love the layout, love the colors, love the papers you've chosen. These colors look great together. The brads at the bottom are the perfect touch. They really add to this card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors for a valentine - what a fun card! Great use of Jen's sketch (I love her sketches too) and your cute images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on the color challenge, Sarah! The colors are fabulous and the card is so cute. It makes for one terrific Valentine's card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah this is ADORABLE. I Love the blue & green color scheme. Great job again on this week's challenge! Love the new look of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sarah! Your new blog look is fantastic! I loved the old one but this one also looks fun and your projects are still so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful color choice, the layers are FAB!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love that little treat cup! Adorable!

    So glad I popped in here! Your work is fabulous! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!