Now that we've teased and tempted you all week long, it's almost time for you to shop for your favorite Brand Spankin' New products from MFT. But first... it's time for our Die-namics Feature and Pre-Release Pep Rally!
Our Design Team has been busy creating jaw-dropping and inspiring projects for you, and we've saved the best for last. We've taken an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, while re-visiting the amazing sets being released tonight at 10 PM EST RIGHT HERE in the MFT Boutique. And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list.
*******************************As soon as I saw the new Girly Graphic Tee stamps and Die-namics, I knew they would make adorable earrings. When using shrink plastic, it's important to start with a nice large shape that will still be substantial when shrunk - this die definitely fit the bill!
I was too "in the zone" to take photos as I went, but here are the details on making these earrings:
- Die cut your shrink plastic. Make sure to keep the plastic orientated the same way for each t-shirt so they shrink the same way.
- Rough up the plastic a little, I use my sanding block.
- Line up the tees together and punch a hole. Remember this will shrink down too. I use the largest setting on my Crop-a-dile.
- Stamp your chosen image/sentiment. I like to use Brilliance ink for this. I used my grid paper to make sure both sentiments were in pretty much the same place on the tees.
- Shrink. I use my heat tool - follow the instructions for your brand of shrink plastic.
- Normally I make sure my pieces are completely flat - with these tees I left a little movement for interest.
- Once cool, cover with a coat of glossy accents or other dimensional medium. I then left these to dry overnight. I love the shine this gives.
- Turn into earrings! I've used eye pins, simply stringing glass and filigree beads before attaching to a jump ring on my tees. I went with a classic MFT pink/black/white theme - perfect to support breast cancer!
Here are the details about the upcoming release on May 1 at 10 PM EST:
- You can attend the New Release Party on May 1 from 8-10 PM EST HERE in the MFT forum, where you can enjoy fun, games, and PRIZES!
- The MFT release, including all new stamp sets and Die-namics, is on May 1 at 10 PM EST. You'll find all the newest products HERE at release time.
- You have just a few more hours to submit your entry for this month's guest designer contest. Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win $200 in stamp sets and Die-namics, and play along with the MFT Design Team for a month.
- If you'd like to see all the designers' posts for today, please click on over to the MFT Blog NOW. Be sure to leave comments as you go for the chance to win one of 2, $10 gift certificates given away daily. The winners will be posted on May 1 just before the release party, on the MFT blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Girly Graphic Tee (MFT Stamps) Ink: Brilliance Black Dies: Girly Graphic Tee Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Glossy Accents, Beading Supplies