August 20, 2008

Sweet Boho and a Winner!

Here's another card using the gorgeous Sweet Serendipity set along with one of my favs, Boho Backgrounds.
I wanted to have another play with the Old Olive/Apricot Appeal/Groovy Guava combo. This time I used more Apricot Appeal. Really simple card, all the focus is on the stamping.

I inked the Boho Background stamp with Groovy Guava then reinked the flower stems with an Old Olive marker. Once I'd stamped the image repeatedly and cut to size (don't forget to clean your stamp between inkings!) I sponged the edges heavily with Apricot Appeal ink. Don't you love the warmth this creates?

The sentiment was inked the same way, with a marker and Groovy Guava. It was punched out with the large oval punch and mounted in an oval label holder from the Antique Brass Hodgepodge kit.

Two rows of piercing border the ribbon/cord bow. The ribbon and copper cord is retired now, but some Taffeta ribbon would look gorgeous too! The Apricot layer is adhered to an Old Olive mat with Dimensionals. I'm not going to lie...that bow was tricky to tie and took awhile....but it was worth it!

Now for the notepad winner....random.org chose....

#4 which is....Kelly! Wooohooo, I think you should buy a lotto ticket this week, you're one lucky chick winning competitions left right and center! The notepad is coming your way tomorrow!
Chris Millar sent me this award today, what a sweetheart, thank you! I've been given blog awards before and alwaysss forget to pass them on, so I'm doing it now while I remember!

The rules of the award are...

(1) The winner can put the logo on their blog. (2) Link the person you received your award from. (3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (4) Put links of those on yours. (5) Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated.

...but I'm a rebel and running out of time before a DVD night with Shanan, so I'll leave you with two AMAZING artists that inspire me constantly. Beate and Silke. They both use lots of Stampin' Up! products and have really distinct styles that I love.

Happy Stampin!


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Boho Backgrounds, Sweet Serendipity
Ink: Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Apricot Appeal
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Mat pack, Hodgepodge Hardware, Copper Cord and Olive Organza (retired), Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. The colour combination on your card is stunning! One I've never tried before but you can bet I'll be trying it now : Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that does look good, I worry that I would never have the patience to do that. Go Kelly!! Oh lucky us we can covet it when you give it to her Thursday. Enjoy the movie. See you Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a totally stunning combination of colours there - all warm and vintagey and comfy and...

    OMG - me!!! I won again!! I am sooo going to grab a lotto ticket! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the award Sarah! I'll have to check out the girls you awarded!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!