October 31, 2010

Bouncing Birdie Box

Happy Halloween everyone! Halloween certainly isn't as big a deal here in New Zealand as it is elsewhere - but I'll take any excuse to do some cute crafting!

Along with the Big Shot Shanan bought me for my birthday, I got the Box #2 die - which I love. Here I've used it to create what I call my Bouncing Birdie Box!
I stamped the box with a small polka dot stamp from the Sweet Sampler set. I've used Peach Parfait as my background colour for a slightly less bright Halloween colour combo. I added some white dots with a gel pen around the polka dots.

The birds were stamped, punched out then layered with another punched bird with a length of craft wire between them. The wire is twisted around a pencil to create a spring, which is punched through the top of the box (and secured on the underside with tape) Add a gorgeous satin bow and a sentiment and you're done!



Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Sweet Sampler, Punch Potpourri
Paper & Card: Peach Parfait, Basic Black
Ink:
Basic Black
Punches:
Word Window, Modern Label, Two-Step Bird
Big Shot: Box #2
Other:
Black Satin Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. cute box Sarah. Love the halloween colours and those birds are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project! I love all the details you shared! And ... all those white dots ... you do have a lot of patience don't you! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!