October 20, 2010

Masculine Mini

Hi everyone, thanks for stopping by! Today I wanted to share a cute little (4" square) card I made for this week's WSC challenge - to make a masculine card.
 90% of my cards are really girly, so it's nice to make a "guy card". I like to use a lot of texture on masculine cards, and usually stick to a sentiment as the focal image. I've used textured cardstock on this one, as well as embossing a panel which I then brayered with white ink. The brads have been in my stash for years and years and the wooden button recently came home with me in a pack from a discount store. I've added some (not very straight!) stitching ala Joanne. I need some practice!
Inside I've gone with the same scrappy look - such a good way to get rid of little bits and pieces of paper.




Paper & Card: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Notebook DP 
Ink: Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip
Punches: Spiral Edge, Small Star, 1/2" Circle
Other: Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon

Stamps: Clearly Sentimental about Books - MFT Stamps
Punches: Upper Crest - Fiskars
Other: Wooden Button, Brads, Houndstooth Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Just had to bookmark this one! Perfection for a male card! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!