March 7, 2012

New Product Tour - Inspired by Butterflies


It's time! All those gorgeous new stamps and Die-namics you've been drooling over are available here now at My Favorite Things!

Do you have a fave new product? I love the Photo Corners Die-namics and the new Inspired by Butterflies Die-namics which I'm showing off today! It makes amazing large embellishments for your cards and paper crafting.


The new Inspired by Butterflies Die-namics coordinate perfectly with the previously released Inspired by Butterflies stamp set. I find it easiest to cut the butterflies first, then stamp.

For my card I tried to colour my butterfly as a Monarch Butterfly. I use google images when I'm trying to be a little more realistic with my colouring, although I always end up taking some artistic license! For the Monarch colouring, I noticed there were lots of white dots on the black parts of the butterfly, so I added these in with a white gel pen. I have added some accent shine to the butterfly using a Spica pen, though it might be hard to see in photos.

The sentiment is stamped on a Clearly Sentimental Label and the papers were all from my scrap bin.


I've stamped another sentiment on the inside of my card, and used some gorgeous Martha Stewart ribbon as embellishment.

Don't forget to visit Kim's Blog to see all the designers at work for this month's product tour. Leave comments along the way to be in to win blog candy!

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:


  
Thanks for stopping by!
   
Stamps: Inspired by Butterflies (MFT Stamps) Paper: Assorted scraps Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Dies: Inspired by Butterflies, Clearly Sentimental Label, Double Scallop Border Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Large Scallop Square (Sizzix) Other: MS Ribbon, Zva Creative Rhinestone Swirl, Button, Twine, Spica Pen, White Gel Pen, Copic Markers

19 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, love the coloring and white dots on thebutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Sarah! And too funny ... when I saw this on my google reader, the add on your blog also had a butterfly on it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the inside sentiment. and i must tell you i'm not a big orange fan unless its halloween but you sold me on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that butterfly just pops off the page! you used one of my fav dies (which is on my wishlist!) and I love the quote and mix of ribbon and bling with the patterned papers! I'd hang this little work of art on my wall so I could see it every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the butterfly is simply beautiful, love the colors, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love how the butterfly turned out and the paper is gorgeous! I may have to place another order lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!! Your butterfly looks so real! Love the bright, summery colors against the white. Pure brilliance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! Love the shaped card and the dots on the butterfly are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card- love the bling and the butterfly together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing butterfly image... Great card... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely stunning, Sarah!!! Good luck with the move!!! Hope you get to rest a bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!