May 13, 2009

Breaking all the Rules!

The fashion rules that is! Don't mix stripes and polka dots? Red and pink clash? - not today!

I was SO excited to see Pun Fun in the new catalogue, it's a set I've been dying for ever since I first saw American demos getting it inky. The wee animals are so cute, and are great for colouring or paper piecing like I have with the adorable hippo.

The colour combo for this card is Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette and Close to Cocoa.
Don't you love that scalloped border? That's the new Eyelet Border punch, which I'm loving at the moment. The papers are all from the Candy Lane pack. I covered a piece of Whisper White card with the paper I wanted, stamped the hippo twice, cut out the entire image the first time, and just the head the second. Why did I back it with Whisper White first? Just for added stability as I knew I'd pop the hippo up off her background.

The sentiment was stamped separately and punched out with the Word Window punch. I used my 1/16" Handheld punch to create holes in the scalloped circle to mimic the eyelet border. The trick I use to get these even is to go around first with my piercing tool, then use the punch over top.

I made another card using the adorable skunk from Pun Fun last night, I'll share that later in the week.



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Pun Fun
Ink: Stazon Black
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa
Paper: Candy Lane
Punches: Eyelet Border, Word Window, 3/16" Corner Rounder, 1/16" Handheld, 1/4" Circle (retired), Scallop Circle, 1-3/8" Circle
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Pewter Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. Nice card Sarah, I have this set on my wish list and the border punch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! Love how you popped out the little hippo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that set. Its a great card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! So glad you are back into the swing of things. It is so nice to be visiting regularly again and seeing your gorgeous creations. Hope you are enjoying playing with your new goodies. Will be back again soon! Stampin' Hugs, Andrea L - EnchantINK

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!