May 4, 2009

Rustic Rooster

Happy Monday everyone! The start of a new week already, who wants to bet that May speeds by as fast as April did?! I had a great weekend, I sat and watched movies on my laptop as I stamped the hours away - bliss! So I have lots to show you, but some things must remain hidden until after certain days are past (don't forget Mother's Day is coming up!)

This is a card I whipped up on Saturday. As usual, I started with my focal image, and just went from there. So, meet Mr Rooster!
This cute wee guy is from a new Hostess set, Rustic Rooster. When I looked at all the level two sets this year, this is the one I liked best - because it was so different from anything else in my (substantial) stash. I also loved the background french text stamp in the set.

The colour combo for this card is the new Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Bashful Blue. The card is pretty straight forward, the focal image was inked with a pad and two markers, the sentiment is from one of my favourite (and much used this weekend) sets, Occasional Greetings.
Here's the inside view. Don't you love that scroll image? It has a gorgeous texture and looks great as a border like this. I also stamped the postmark image a couple of times, masking it for added depth.

If you love this set, don't hesitate to email and find out how you can get it for free!

Hope your weekend was great too, only four more days till the next one!


Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Rustic Rooster, Occasional Greetings
Ink: Stazon Black, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Riding hood Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Paper: Summer Picnic (retired)
Punches: 1/4" Circle (retired) Scallop Border
Accessories: Markers, Black Gingham ribbon, Soft Subtles Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

  1. Living for the weekends huh? I guess when you can spend the days stamping and watching movies ...

    The rooster looks very funky ... riding hood red sounds like a cool colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Sarah! I love how you did the french text background.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!