January 16, 2010

At least it's summer in my craft room...

Did I say it was cold yesterday? Today is so much worse! So there was nothing for it but a good stamping session to fend off what feels like the winter blues. I deliberately pulled out some lovely bright colours to brighten a very grey day.
This card uses the sketch for TESC98. I coloured the main image last night, using this technique (Joanne has a wonderful tutorial here). One of my crafting goals for this year is to get better at colouring - so I intend to practice a lot. The papers are from Basic Grey and the stamps from My Favourite Things.

I've used lots of colours on this one, but the main ones are Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze and Marigold Morning.

Thanks for all your comments over the last week (you too Mum!) it's great to be inspired by stamping again and to be getting some use out of my well stocked craft room!

Have a wonderful weekend, no matter what the weather's doing!


7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm loving all those bright colors and your coloring is amazing!!! Beautiful job! So glad you could play with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice card! love the background papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty. Love your coloring, I'm going to check out that technique now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! What adorable stamps you used! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice coluring in there Sarah. Lets face it yesterday was a great to hibernate in with the crap weather we had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card is SO cheery on a snowy and cold morning! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Sarah....colouring of your image is brilliant and I love how you have placed it off centre - I wish my brain would let me do that more often...lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!