January 21, 2010

One Card: Two Ways - Get Well Soon!

It's been over a year and a half since my last One Card: Two Ways feature - so when I unfortunately needed two get well cards I thought it would be nice to bring it back!

One Card: Two Ways is simple - using the same layout or supplies I'll show a couple of cards that hopefully illustrate how different colour or stamp choices result in a very different card!

This time around I used the exact same layout and same size focal layer, but changed the papers and colour palette. I needed a masculine card and a feminine card - so also changed the little accents.

The first card uses papers from the Urban Garden pack. The stamp is from Pun Fun - this set makes GREAT "guy" cards! The layout is really simple, a couple of rectangles and a rounded focal layer. The base card and layering card is Basic Gray for both cards.

I rounded the corners of my stamped image using the small corner rounder - this isn't in your catalogue, but IS still available for purchase. Which is great! It's amazing what a difference simply rounding the corners on your project can make.

The image was watercoloured with Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy inks. I added a little glitter to make the water sparkle. The accents on this card are two jumbo eyelets filled with Crystal Effects. I pre-make these embellishments, so might do a tutorial on how I do it soon.

The inside of the card is really simple, but effective. It's especially important to line your darker coloured cards - it makes writing in them so much easier. The sentiment is from an old hostess set called Warmest Regards.

Here's the second card. Same layout, different papers, image and accessories. This stamp is from Fun & Fast Notes - another great all purpose set.

The papers on this one are from the Tea Party pack. The image is watercoloured with Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Lovely Lilac.

I used grosgrain ribbon as an accent on this card and wrapped a flower brad around the flat knot for an extra something special.

I love using the Photo Corner punch with designer paper and base card like this - it's so nice to have your accent match the rest of your card.

Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns of designer paper on your creations. You'll find all the papers in a pack work so well together, you'll get a great vibrant effect.

Same interior layout for this card. Making two cards with the same layout really speeds up the process (although I like to take my time anyway!) and you'll find your cards look entirely different depending on your colour choices. I hope you'll try it soon.

Shanan and I took a drive out to Eastbourne and had cheeseburgers on the beach for dinner last night. It was lovely and peaceful - a great mid-week retreat.

Happy Stampin'


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, the layout of those cards is gorgeous! I hope you don't mind being CASEd (there'll probably be a few, including me!) They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are just great. And yes I might be casing them (LOL)
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I am glad you are back blogging and sharing your creations with us. All your cards are lovely and beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards. I esp. like the second one. Thanks for sharing your cute and unique card template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! That whale card is the reason I came to check out your blog - I saw it on SCS and had to see the rest! Great stuff, I'll deifnitely be coming back regularly!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!