May 18, 2010

Hummingbird Birthday









Hi everyone, I'm happy to report things are getting back to normal here - well, as normal as they get, I DID spend all day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday!

I was SO inspired when I saw the colours for the Color Throwdown this week - Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Old Olive & Kraft. I find the best thing to do with a colour challenge is to pull a sheet of each colour cardstock and see if they "speak" to you! This combo is so bright and fresh when you see the colours all together.
Right away I knew the colours would be great for colouring this image from the Spring Song stamp set. I wanted to create a shaped flap on one side of my card, so I cut the image apart and layered it together to give it a shape that would better fit in a circle.

I needed to fill some of that blank space - the Little Leaves die cut was perfect. I added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments - yup, it's my fav set at the moment, I love how it works with the Word Window punch. Birthday cards are the challenge at Allsorts this week!

By going over and over my image with an ink loaded aquapainter I got these really rich tones of Old Olive & Baja Breeze. The Baja circle is heavily sponged to match this intensity.

Inside I used a sentiment from my much loved On Your Birthday set. I hope your week has started well - I'll have a post set-up tonight for this week's FUN Project Tuesday challenge!



Stamps:  On Your Birthday, Spring Song, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Paper & Card: Baja Breeze & Kraft card.
Walk in the Park & So Saffron DP
Ink:
Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Old Olive & Black
Punches: Word Window punch
Big Shot: Little Leaves die
Other:
Piercing Tool, Circle Scissor Plus, Sponge Daubers, Aquapainter, Dimensionals
E-mail me to purchase.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the inside DSP strip can be seen from the front of the card. Great layout idea! And ... great balance with the colours. None are my favs ... but they do work well together! Hugs xxAxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!