May 14, 2011

Do not adjust your screen....

...You're not supposed to be seeing any colour here! Today's challenge at OCC is monochromatic neutrals with lace and buttons! I used the challenge to push myself into trying a little monochromatic colouring, something I have long admired and wanted to try. As luck would have it, the MFT girls provided a bit of inspiration in this area recently too!
Funky right? I love the Addams Family-esque look! I coloured my image with Copic Markers W-1, W-3, W-5 and W-7 and added some sparkle with a glitter pen. Two of my prima flowers were sprayed with silver bells glimmermist, the top flower was sprinkled with some Martha Stewart glitter. Wide ribbon, a scrap of crochet lace, black rhinestones and bakers twine finished the shabby goth look.
Inside I used the faux crochet die-namic for a pretty border. My die-namics collection is growing ever larger - I don't have much creative time at the moment (too many essays to write!) but I should have some amazing new things to show you soon!

I hope you'll head on over to OCC to see all the design team creations and play along!

Stamps: With All My Heart PI (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla (SU) Paper: Newsprint DSP (SU) Ink: Basic Grey, Basic Black (SU) Dies: Faux Crochet Border Die-namic (MFT Stamps) Top Note (Sizzix) Other: Striped Ribbon, Button (SU) Rhinestones, Textile Embossing Folder, Copics, Lace, Twine, Glitter, Prima Flowers

7 comments:

  1. I always love stopping by to see what you have done! You are very talented and I LOVE all your little touches! I think spraying your flowers really helped them pull the whole card together! Fabulous! (and I'm a fan of MS glitter!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I don't think I'm brave enough to try monochromatic...YIKES! Love the picure of the otter in your birthday pics...He's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Sarah, this is GORGEOUS!!!!! You so rocked the monochromatic look!!!! LOVE this big time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, who would have guessed that this image would work with your monochromatic scheme. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, this is GORGEOUS! You nailed the monochromatic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius Sarah!! Can you send it to me ASAP!!!! LOL! I LOVE the look of the PI girl colored with grays and the shimmer adds so much I just love it! I have to say when I first came here yesterday to comment I got sidetracked looking at the MFT challenge and found a video on the gray coloring with copics!! I must try it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super job on this challenge Sarah! I love the neutral tones you chose and the text DP was a great choice. Great effect with using ribbon and lace and the baker's twine is the frosting on the care!

    Hope you are having a great week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!