December 15, 2011

WSC 50 - Home...


Thank you SO much to everyone who left well wishes on my announcement post - only a few more weeks until we find out if we're having a boy or a girl, exciting stuff!

I'm back today with a square card using this week's Wednesday Sketch Challenge from My Favourite Things.

I went for a colour blocked look using strong ink colours and a patterned paper that almost reads as a solid. Well Worn Greetings is still one of my favourite stamp and die combos - I just love the patterns and distressed sentiments in this set!

I added a heart cut from the Notched Tag Die-namics and added some shine with a coating of Dimensional Magic. 

I made this card for my darling husband who has been so supportive and helpful while I've been feeling unwell.


The sentiment on the inside of this card was just perfect to thank him with! I've also added a heart shaped spiral clip to bring in the metallic accent from the front of the card.

Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC50. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog. Each week one random winner will win a voucher to spend at MFT! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:


 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: Well Worn Greetings (MFT Stamps) Paper: Darling Deer (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Real Red, Tempting Turquoise (SU) Dies: Well Worn Greetings and Notched Tag Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Wide Striped Ribbon(SU) Brads, Spiral Clip, Dimensional Magic

5 comments:

  1. This is CRAZY gorgeous Sarah! I love how simply yet detailed your creation is this week. Such a beautiful piece for your hubby! Hugs my darling friend!!

    XO!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is SO beautiful Sarah! LOVE the colors and the pop with the ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red/turquoise/yellow/black/white color combo is really fabulous! The colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour combo and the textures, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, this is such a fantastic card!!! LOVE the colors and embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!