August 20, 2013

Father's Day Shaker Card


Hi friends! Father's Day is the first Sunday in September here in New Zealand, so I've been thinking masculine cards lately. This one is for my Father-in-law. I wanted to do something a little different, so I went for a shaker element.


I'm so honored to be a Catered Crop Recipe Swap winner last week, and I'm playing along with the current challenge - Map It!

I've used a gorgeous map paper for my card background.

The hot air balloon from Up, Up and Away by Verve was stamped, pieced, and I added some sequins behind acetate for the shaker. The sentiment is from Strong Anchor and I've used my beloved Pennant Trim die. I used Black Enamel paint around the edges of the balloon.



The colour combo comes from Dynamic Duos 66 and I used the fun sketch from Retro Sketches 77 which had a cool cut out element.

Here's the inside of my card...


They are faint in the photo, but I stamped some clouds from Up, Up and Away in a light blue ink on the inside panel and repeated the sentiment.

Thanks for coming to visit today! *hugs*  

Stamps: Up Up and Away, Strong Anchor (Verve StampsPaper: Fourteen (Crate Paper) Sno Cone, Black (MFT) Ink: Sno Cone (MFT) Memento Tuxedo Black  Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Pennant Trim (Verve Stamps) Clouds (MFT) Other: Black Hemp, Enamel Paint, White Felt, Sequins, Sewing Machine

6 comments:

  1. What a stunningly handsome card this is. I'm so glad you could join us at Catered Crop. You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic masculine card - love how you've used a cloud for the cut out part and the DP is perfect in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I absolutely LOVE this card :) SOOOO many fun details that are just super eye catching!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this, Sarah!! Such a great image to turn into a shaker card :) I'm sure he will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Great idea for the shaker portion-love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Fantastic use of a map. I love the shaker balloon and the soft felt clouds! It's so good to have you as guest designer for the map challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!