May 5, 2014

SugarPea Designs Sweet Sneaks - Blow Me Away!


I hope you're ready to be blown away by this month's release at SugarPea Designs - believe me when I say, it's the best yet!

Today the SugarPeas and our fabulous guests Tara and Dana are getting inky with Blow Me Away...the cutest baby dragon you've ever seen!


Isn't he the sweetest?! The awesome thing about this set is it comes with multiple images for the dragon to hold...and matching punny sentiments of course! Just wait till you see what the other girls did with him!

The pinwheel was trimmed out and attached with a tiny brad so it really spins!

I coloured my dragon with copics, then gave him some texture using blending solution.


After the portions of my dragon that I wanted to give extra texture were coloured, I embossed some cardstock with this crocodile skin/bubbly embossing folder.


I dripped some blending solution refill onto the cardstock and pressed it onto my dragon for half a second - voila! Gorgeous texture!

Here's a peek inside my card...


Would you like to WIN the Blow Me Away stamp set?! Hop along and visit with the SugarPeas and guests, leaving some comment love along the way! One lucky person will be randomly selected to win the Blow Me Away stamp set!

We will be announcing the winner of today's stamp set AND the winner of the ENTIRE MAY RELEASE at our online release party on the SugarPea Designs Facebook page this Thursday night between 8:00 and 9:00 PM EST! We'd love to have you come chat with us, everyone is welcome!


  


Stamps: Blow Me Away (SugarPea DesignsPaper: Life of the Party Lime Twist (MME) Ink: Love Letter (Memento Luxe) Dies: Dainty Bow, Sweet Stack Labels (MFT) Stitched Circles (Lil Inker) Other: copics, Embossing Folder, Blending Refill, Brads, Circle Punch

35 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Great coloring! The texture looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! Love the coloring and how you created the scales! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture you created..such a cute card, I love this SET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your card has blown me away! Such a huge fan of your work! Love the way you work with the vellum paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where to start? The super cool pinwheel, the amazing texture, the fantastic coloring...just wow, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your texture on him is amazing Sarah. Great idea. Love your card with all the papers and the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the coloring, texture and design! Really fun and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Love your technique for the dragon's hide and the pinwheel's ability to spin is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea to add extra texture

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriously? using textured cs and blending solution is brilliant. it looks SO awesome! love your sweet, sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo cute Sarah, love the technique... And your card is so awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the stitching...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant way to colour the dragon. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable dragon. Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. I like how you achieved the texture and the polka dot paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The way you added texture is brilliant! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the texture you added to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card and sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah: You are the queen of coloring!
    Cheers!
    PS: Congratulations on your appointment as Creative Coordinator for SugarPea. Grand news. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are a genius!! Would of never thought to get a texture background over Copic coloring that way. You're a rock star Sarah!! Oh love your card too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a super sweet card! I so adore the gorgeous texture on your dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thud! That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor! I love, love how you added the texture to the dragon. You my friend is the queen of awesome tips! You've just rang a bell in my mind! He sure is a cutie with that pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so adorable!! Love your coloring and the texture is just perfect! And that paper bow . . . cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the texture tip - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I LOVE how you added the pink paper bow, Sarah,"she" looks FABULOUSLY girly! I am definitely going to have to try this technique with the Bubbles embossing folder...it looks fantastic!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGosh i am so trying that texture trick out! I knew about fabric but I did not know you could do paper on paper! LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card! Your creativity is amazing! I Love the spinning pinwheel! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a clever trick to give him texture, I LOVE it! Darling card, love the pinwheel!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! A working pinwheel, spotted dragon, and Lots of fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think he has to be my favorite! Super cute card. I always love to see the inside of your cards:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute are his textured spots, so sweet!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card, and thanks for the tip on using the embossing folder to create the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card!
    Great idea using
    the embossed paper
    to put color dots
    on your dragon!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic card! Thanks for showing how you gave him his texture, that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!