April 22, 2008

Like it a Latte!

I love this stamp set! I don't drink coffee that often (stamping is enough of an addiction without adding in caffeine!) but we'll often have a hot chocolate on these colder evenings. I love that you can make this set whatever you want, coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Here's what I did for this card:

  • Stamp Polka Dot background in White Craft ink onto Pretty in Pink card. Let it dry, or, if you're impatient like me, heat embossing with clear or white embossing powder. I used clear. Layer this piece with Regal Rose card.
  • Stamp the cup image onto Whisper White card stock with Close to Cocoa ink. I ran my black marker around the edge to get the two tone image before stamping. I followed the same procedure when stamping the hearts with Pretty in Pink.
  • Stamp the marshmallows in your cups with Stazon ink. Stamp them again onto scrap card, then cut them out to make a mask for your image.
  • Lay the marshmallow mask over the image, then stamp the foam over top with Stazon. This makes the foam look like it's behind the marshmallows.
  • Colour in your image. I used Watercolour Wonder Crayons for the pink marshmallows and my Uniball Signo gel pen for the white marshmallows and foam.
  • Cut out your cup images and your hearts.
  • Layer your polka dot piece on some designer paper from the Spring Fling pack.
  • Adhere a torn piece of Pretty in Pink card stock behind the designer paper before adhering to your card.
  • I layered Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon with Whisper White grosgrain before tying my knot. You can get so many different looks by layering our ribbon this way.
  • Stamp the sentiment with Stazon ink and stick everything together using SNAIL adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals.

I layered the right hand side cup with dimensionals, and also popped up the heart on that cup. It looks great in real life.

Hope the weather isn't too cold where you are,
Sarah

Stampin' Supplies:
Like it a Latte and Polka Dot background stamp sets.
Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Whisper White card stock.
Spring Fling Double Sided Designer Paper.
Stazon, Close to Cocoa and Pretty in Pink ink.
Regal Rose and White Grosgrain ribbon.
Black Marker.
Stampin' Dimensionals.
SNAIL adhesive.
Watercolour Wonder Crayons.
Aquapainter.
White Gel Pen.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Your card is stunning, I love everything you have done! The colour combos look amazing together!
    Enjoy your week!
    Take Care XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM Goodness Sarah, your cards are just stunning. I love this one, I have this set but haven't yet used it - you just totally inspired me to go use it right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!