April 6, 2013

Diva Inspirations Hop - Statement Thank You!


Welcome to our Diva Inspirations Hop! It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for the Verve Inspirations Team to breathe new life into some much-loved stamps and dies. And there's a PRIZE up for grabs! So be sure to leave a little shout out in the comment section of each blog as you hop about to be entered in a drawing for a $30 gift certificate to Verve Stamps! Check out all the details and prize info over at the Verve Blog.

This month we're also saying a fond farewell to Jen del Muro, as this is her last hop as a Verve Diva. She's been a part of the Verve team almost from the very beginning and although we're sad to see her go, we're so excited to see the things she has up her sleeve for the stamping world!

Fittingly, I've used a stamp set based on a concept from Jen, Making a Statement.



Here's my card....
I needed a thank you card for a special friend and had so much fun playing with the whimsical stamps in this set! I've used the Rounded Scallop Frame for my focal layer, adding a strip of patterned paper with the sentiment. The Loopy Blooms flowers were cut from cardstock and paper and layered with buttons.

I've cut out a half circle from my base layer to incorporate a large bow. Some jumbo brads anchor a flag to finish everything off.

Here's the inside of my card...

I added a couple more flags and stamped half of one sentiment by selectively inking. I added that cute little bird on top and paper pieced his wing.

It's time for you to go visit with the talented Sony - happy hopping!


1. Julee7. Sankari
2. Amy8. Sarah
3. Anya9. Sony
4. Jen d.10. Susan
5. Jessica11. Tiffany
6. Karen 
Awesome Verve products used today:




Stamps: Making a Statement (Verve StampsPaper: Everyday Eclectic (Echo Park) Ink: Black Licorice, Kraft, Blu Raspberry, Razzleberry (MFT) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Rounded Scallop Frame, Loopy Blooms (Verve Stamps) Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Other: Blu Raspberry Ribbon, Buttons (MFT) Jumbo Brads, Hemp Twine

42 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of very fun layers, love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tribute to Jen's style -- LOVE your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Sarah! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colors and layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great use of patterned paper and lovely verve stamps! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun thank you card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright, cheerful colors, and all of those layers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the happy colors...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fun layout and loving the framed sentiment and flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorite paper collections and I LOVE how you used it! So fun, great little button flowers and just so much happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card! I didn't realize that Jen had input into those sets and dies and I have quite a few of them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful way to frame a simple but heartfelt sentiment. Love those loopy flowers and bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and colorful--I like the cloud paper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing card! Love the half circle cut out and bow! Great colors! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your cards are always absolutely gorgeous...this one is no exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful papers and flowers. Love the button centers and the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very beautiful card. Love the cheerful colors. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.
    Hugs
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these brights colors and the papers you used. And that cut out circle is Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this!! The colours are just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! The inside is as beautiful as the outside!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sarah, love the papers you've used! The inside is just as pretty as the outside and the circle you've cut-perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card. Love all of the detail and fresh colors.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had forgotten that Jen helped design this awesome set! You've inspired me to use it ~ soon!! Your card is fabulous. I love how you stamped the sentiment on the red, it really makes it stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the way you have used the different layers adding dimension. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. eek! so excited to see this, because I just dropped that set and dies into my cart the other day! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, inside & out! I love the tiny paper pieced wing on the little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning Sarah! I love this set, it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is lovely both inside and out. So many wonderful details.....love the sentiment on the strip of DP. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! The layout, the patterned paper and the sentiment - both inside and outside - add up to an eye-catching, heart-warming, thoughtful card. Thank you for sharing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card! I think I am going to have to CASE the ribbon like that. What A FUN way to add ribbon!!! Beautiful DP!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great design... love the half circle the give the bow a unique place to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is beautiful. Love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous card! I love those papers (echo park right?) Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fabulous card! Love the colors, patterned paper, and the cut out with a gorgous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty card... love the layered flowers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Simply Beautiful!! I LOVE the design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful work! Love how you designed the inside as well. Cute little flowers with button centers.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!