April 4, 2013

WSC118 - Hello Spring






It's sketch time again at My Favorite Things and this week I've taken the sketch in a shabby chic direction!


I've used crayons and crackle paint to get lots of texture in my design today. 
Don't forget, you'll find all the details about this week's sketch and the PRIZES on offer, at the MFT Blog.

Here's my card...
I went with a pink, kraft and sno cone colour theme for this card. The main panel features stamps from Inspired by the Front Porch - Spring. I coloured with watercolour crayons, then applied a couple of thick layers of crackle paint. I wanted this panel to look quite grungy. One cool thing I noticed - my colouring was smooth, but when I brushed on the crackle paint it left brush strokes in the crayon - I like it!

My base layer was a little boring, and definitely not shabby enough, so I stamped it with Finishing Flourishes and the stitched border from Hearts and Stitches.


I had so much fun with the first cracked panel, that I made another one for this inside of my card!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:

  

Stamps: Inspired by Spring, Finishing Flourishes, Hearts and Stitches (MFT Stamps) Paper: Little Bo Peep (Crate Paper) Kraft, Whip cream, Sno Cone (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Kraft (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Circel STAX, Sentiment Strips  (MFT Stamps) Other: MFT Ribbon - Kraft (MFT Stamps) Crackle Paint (Ranger) Embossing Folder

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card using the sketch! Love the flower image!! The cherry trees are just about to explode here and I can't wait!! Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing! i LOVE your crackled images- way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORRRRRgeous card! Lovin' that shabby chic look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet I think I need a couple thing like cherry blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE all the distressing and dimension! Those flowers are so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. Love all the detail. Great color combo too, so springy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!