April 9, 2013

New Product Tour - Hello!


Welcome! I'm here with my New Product Tour post for the new MFT release! I have two fun projects today - including a scrapbook page!

Today I've been working with Hello My Name Is, part of the new releases from Laina Lamb Designs.

Before we get started you should visit the MFT Blog to find all the information on the release that's happening tomorrow and see all the inspiration on offer today!

Here's my first project, an 8.5x11 scrapbook page...

I started my page by stamping elements from Darling Dots, Mod Borders and the word Adventure from Hello My Name Is, directly on the page. Then I started layering on my photos and accents.


I liked the idea of an "everyday adventure" - any outing with an infant turns into an adventure! This layout captures Jackson's first visit to a nearby coast. I stamped the Everyday from Expand Your View on an arrow from Lead the Way.


The page title was created with Hello My Name Is and the Bottom Line Alphabet. After cutting my letters from Electric Red cardstock, I layered on some glossy accents for dimension and shine. For the name label, I stamped in Factory Green, then masked off the inner rectangle and stamped Darling Dots in black.


I have the Remember Accent It - Story Titles peeking out from behind the main photo - I LOVE this Die-namics set!

On to my second project today, a bold, modern card for someone awesome! 


For this card I stuck with a bold colour scheme - one of my faves - Wild Cherry, Black Licorice, Kraft and Smooth White. 

I've used an arrow from Lead the Way with a sentiment stamped overtop again - this time to change the sentiment to your name is. For the name label, I cut out the inner rectangle, turning it into a frame. I've used the fun graphic borders from Mod Borders to stamp my background and layered it all onto a card base using the matting Die-namics from Blueprints 2.

You might have noticed I've been addicted to trios of rhinestones on my projects lately - on this card I added on of the trio on the name label for even more interest.


Inside the card I've repeated the graphic elements from Mod Borders, and added a sentiment from the set released last month, Document It - Rock On

Remember, head on over to the MFT Blog to see all the designer creations today!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:





  
Jax Scrapbook Page:
Stamps: Hello My Name Is, Mod Borders Expand Your View, Graph Paper Notes, Calendar Basics, (MFT StampsPaper: Smooth White, Black Licorice, Kraft, Factory Green, Electric Red (MFT CardstockInk: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Factory Green, Black Licorice, Electric Red (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Lead The Way, Mini Tabs Foursome, Bicycle, High Tea Party Doily, Story Titles, Bottom Line Alphabet (MFT StampsOther: Rhinestones

Your Name Is Card:
Stamps: Border It - Mod Borders, Hello My Name Is (MFT StampsPaper: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, Kraft (MFT CardstockInk: Premium Dye Ink in Black Licorice, Wild Cherry (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Lead The Way (MFT StampsOther: Rhinestones

16 comments:

  1. Sweet layout, love all the elements, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome is right Sarah!!Love your layout and the photo's were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous projects Sarah, love the cute photo's with Jackson too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your layout is sooooo, so darling! I still can't get over that this is your first page. Love it. your card is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and awesome layout, I love the way you aligned the pattern and the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Love the color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your scrap page Sarah! cute card too

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your layout is amazing! All the details are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah this is such a sweet layout, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! check out that fabulous scrapbook page! Your little guy is growing up!!!! Where does the time go? Sweet layout! Fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable boy! Your layout showcases him perfectly! What a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your page is just awesome Sarah and your card is fantastic!! You rocked these goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUSNESS Sarah! Your page is amazing...each element is so perfectly balanced! LOVE your bold card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome color combos. Love the red, black and kraft together. Jax is the name my daughter has picked out for a boy IF she has another one. I had never heard it before and now twice in a month. Very cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both projects scream out AWESOMENESS! They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!