April 30, 2013

Mocha Me Crazy!


Wow - I cannot even believe April is almost over! We had a dramatic week last week with our little dude getting very sick, very fast! Fortunately, he's on the mend now, though I'm still recovering from the fright and having our week turned upside down!


I love being a stay at home Mum, but it's a hard job sometimes. That's why one of my favorite things every day, is sitting on the couch with hubby and a coffee once bubs is in bed, and just relaxing while we watch "our shows" (we just started Game of Thrones) I love this time to unwind, and even better, Shan always makes the cappuccino!

So when I thought about making an unconventional Anniversary card for Shanan this month, Better with You from Verve was the perfect choice!

   
I created my clean and simple card by first cutting a window, then layering over my sentiment panel which is stamped with the ring image and sentiment. The heart was die cut , covered in red stickles then glossy accents.

Inside the card I used a large panel of woodgrain paper that I wanted to peek through the window on the card, and another glossy heart.

Thanks for stopping by!  

Stamps: Better With You (Verve StampsPaper: Scraps (MME) Ink: Versamagic Chalk Inks  Dies: A Cut Above Dies: From the Heart (Verve Stamps) Circle Nesties (Spellbinders) Other: Slit punch, Stickles, Glossy Accents

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect card to go with your post :) The heart is perfect! So glad your little guy is on the mend ((hugs)).

    I wish we had HBO so I could watch Game of Thrones. Have the books so will have to start reading them and hope they televise it on a channel we get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, the sentiment seems to have been written just for you.
    Hope your little one is better soon...sorry to say but there are lots of heart stopping moments still to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and after reading your story I understand how meaningful it is to you - wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!