April 15, 2013

April Release Rewind!


Welcome! Today is day one of the Release Rewind for My Favorite Things. Today, half the design team will be sharing even more projects using the April release!

I have a few things to share today but first...

ALL the new products are available right HERE! Please stop by the MFT blog to see all the details about the Release Rewind and for links to all the amazing inspiration available today!

Ok, I have lots of photos for you, so let's get started!

My first project was a gift set using this month's Triple Scoop set - Chocolate Sentiments. I went retro with this colour scheme, Orange Fizz, Hot Fudge, Gumdrop Green and a little Pink Lemonade to brighten it all up.


The gift box is the new Scalloped Treat Box. I stamped the box with Darling Dots and decorated with a leaf filled flourish cut from Gumdrop Green felt and a flower cut from Pink Lemonade that I split the fibers on. I added the heart from Chocolate Sentiments inside the flower. I also made a simple tag with another flower and sentiment from the set.

For the matching card I used the Mini Album Bracket STAX as my base layer. The sentiment I stamped twice, trimming out the pink version to pop up on foam tape. I've cut the sentiment with the fishtail flags. The stitched border is from Blueprints 2 and I've embellished in the same way as the gift box.

The front of the card shows a portion of the inside, stamped with Darling Dots in Hot Fudge.


Inside I have another sentiment that I inked with both colours before stamping. Some Orange Fizz hearts finish off the inside.


For my second card today, I've used the new Accent It - Reel Life Die-namics and Expand Your View stamp set.


For this card, I started by cutting the Reel Life Die-namics, and on the insert pieces stamping I love you with the Typewriter Alphabet. I used the hearts from Chocolate Sentiments to stamp between the words.


The sentiment was stamped in Hot Fudge and Wild Cherry ink. The Dainty Bow and Open Simply Scallops Trio border were cut from Wild Cherry felt.

The backgrounds for the card were stamped with Western Backgrounds and Distressed Diamonds.


Inside the card I've used Distressed Diamonds again, letting the pattern show behind the die. I love all the sentiment combinations you can make with Expand Your View - it's so versatile!


I've also used the woodgrain stamp from Western Backgrounds again.

Thanks for visiting today, be sure to head over to the MFT Blog now!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:



  

Chocolate Sentiments Set
Stamps: Chocolate Sentiments, Dainty Dots (MFT Stamps) Paper: Hot Fudge, Smooth White, Orange Fizz (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Hot Fudge, Orange Fizz (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Pretty Posies, Scalloped Treat Box, Blueprints 2, Leaf Filled Flourish (MFT Stamps) Other: MFT Ribbon - Hot Fudge;  Gumdrop Green Felt (MFT Stamps) Cellophane Bag

Reel Life Card
Stamps: Expand Your View, Distressed Diamonds, Western Backgrounds (MFT StampsPaper: Kraft, Hot Fudge, Smooth White (MFT CardstockInk: Premium Dye Ink in Hot Fudge, Wild Cherry (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Reel Life, Dainty Bows, Open Simply Scallops Trio (MFT StampsOther: MFT Felt - Wild Cherry; Twine, Hot Fudge Buttons

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the real die and the design is fabulous, love these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations Sarah, love that sweet little gift box filled with chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful cards and projects! I think I need to go find some chocolate... :)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards, Sarah! I like how you stamped letters in the reel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweeeeet cards, Sarah! Love what you did with the reel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally unique color combo Sarah! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! LOVE these, Sarah! The treat box is darling and I love your creativity with the Reel Life Di-namics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow and wow! So much work and all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute stuff, here Sarah! love the Reel Life card. those letters and patterns are so pretty peaking through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your Reel card and the fun colors in your chocolate cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collection of projects Sarah! Love the pretty blossoms and how you stamped in the reel! So creative! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous projects, Sarah, I love how you used the reel!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!